5005 Mono to Stereo Tuner Anyone?

vbimport

Is it possible to change the Mono Tuner to a Stereo Tuner on the 5005? I’ve been told it can’t be done through the firmware. Does the mainboard have any control of that?
Thanks,
had1

[QUOTE=had1]Is it possible to change the Mono Tuner to a Stereo Tuner on the 5005? I’ve been told it can’t be done through the firmware. Does the mainboard have any control of that?
Thanks,

your hosed like the rest of us…use a hi-fi vcr as the tuner. it be cheaper and better audio and video since the tuner is better in the vcr than this piece of junk tuner :Z

oh, lite-on save a few buck by using a mono-tuner…lucky us :sad:

oh, lite-on save a few buck by using a mono-tuner…lucky us :sad:

no mono tuner but some form of easy recording link, Q link,smart link, or what ever its called to record straight from a digital source using the digital tuners recording slots, no need for the liteon tuner could they have done that?
would it cost much to have added this recording support?

As many have postulated in this forum, Liteon was probably trying to hit a particular pricepoint and the tuner was the feature they sacrificed. Considering the other problems they have had, what I don’t get is why they didn’t just leave the tuner totally out and hit a lower price point or improve the other features. I’m sure many users already had good quality VCRs that had stereo tuners and clean video signals. It made no sense to throw a piece of crap tuner into the unit when most folks end up bypassing it and using a VCR tuner if they want decent sound and video on timer recordings.

The stupid thing about the New family of 5005Bs (those with a Horizontal tunner and firmware 0090 upwards ) have a Tuner board Labled LVW5006, this to me surgests that the Tuner is Nicam or stereo. This may also be a case of using spare boards from the LVW5006 for the tuner board