$500 laptop?

vbimport

hey guys,

Where is the best place online or in store to find a quality no frills laptop for around $500? I will mainly be using for internet, and would prefer a cd/dvd burner but would sacrifice this feature if i could get a better processor, more memory, and good battery life.

Ive been looking on dell’s website but was wondering what else is out there. I prefer it to not be too clunky and heavy.

Thanks for the help guys!

Okay here is a few to choose from :wink:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2030260032+4020&Configurator=&Subcategory=32&description=&Ntk=&SpeTabStoreType=&Order=BESTMATCH&srchInDesc=

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?Lprice=200&Hprice=499.99&Nav=|c:927|&Sort=0&Recs=10

[quote=bhome83;2084077]hey guys,

Where is the best place online or in store to find a quality no frills laptop for around $500? I will mainly be using for internet, and would prefer a cd/dvd burner but would sacrifice this feature if i could get a better processor, more memory, and good battery life.

Ive been looking on dell’s website but was wondering what else is out there. I prefer it to not be too clunky and heavy.

Thanks for the help guys![/quote]If you are in the USA go down to Best Buy they always have a few under 500 for sale and since they are all loaded with Vista, they usually have a goodsized hdd and a few gbs of Ram.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2084098]If you are in the USA go down to Best Buy they always have a few under 500 for sale and since they are all loaded with Vista, they usually have a goodsized hdd and a few gbs of Ram.[/QUOTE]

Good ideal alan but if the OP is in a place like me the closest BB is some where around
75 to 100+ miles away from me so I miss out on quite a few BB deals. :sad:

I get Dell flyers all the time and they seem to have some good deals on their lappys. I’m a person that like to play with them before i pay for them.

[quote=getit29;2084104]Good ideal alan but if the OP is in a place like me the closest BB is some where around
75 to 100+ miles away from me so I miss out on quite a few BB deals. :sad:[/quote]
Sorry about that Getit29;) Most of us have access to an internet connection and BestBuy just happens to have a Best Buy Internet Site where you can get the same deals. But I am like Bob, I like to play with a computer ( especially a lappy before I buy it.):iagree: Check out this thread in the Bargain Basement.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f58/good-cheap-laptop-247245/#post2084110

[QUOTE=alan1476;2084121] But I am like Bob, I like to play with a computer ( especially a lappy before I buy it.):iagree:[/QUOTE]

That was kind of what I was getting at in my other post about being so far away
from a BB brick and mortar store. :wink: Yep if I was going to plunk down $$$$$$ for
a laptop computer I’d want to see it in action first and to make sure it was exactly
what I was looking for. :iagree: :bigsmile: If I’m not mistaken doesn’t BB have some in store deals
only like Fry’s does if so then those are the kind of deals that I was talking about that
I would miss out on. :sad: Yeah I know that I can buy stuff online from BB but after all
the shipping and the tax charges I can go to a local store like Walmart and get the same
thing if they have it cheaper. :wink: I just priced a 50 pack of Maxell +R at BB and after all
charges they would cost me $40.05 where as I can get them locally for $15.92 and get
them immediately no waiting and $24.13 cheaper that is why I don’t buy online from BB. :clap:

[quote=getit29;2084210]That was kind of what I was getting at in my other post about being so far away
from a BB brick and mortar store. :wink: Yep if I was going to plunk down $$$$$$ for
a laptop computer I’d want to see it in action first and to make sure it was exactly
what I was looking for. :iagree: :bigsmile: If I’m not mistaken doesn’t BB have some in store deals
only like Fry’s does if so then those are the kind of deals that I was talking about that
I would miss out on. :sad: Yeah I know that I can buy stuff online from BB but after all
the shipping and the tax charges I can go to a local store like Walmart and get the same
thing if they have it cheaper. :wink: I just priced a 50 pack of Maxell +R at BB and after all
charges they would cost me $40.05 where as I can get them locally for $15.92 and get
them immediately no waiting and $24.13 cheaper that is why I don’t buy online from BB. :clap:[/quote] If you really search they have online coupons that cannot be used in a B&M Store, just for ONline sales. They have a great return policy where you can buy it online and return it to the store if you do not like it. But if you are far from a Best Buy just the gasoline alone will ruin the deal. LOL.:wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2084480]But if you are far from a Best Buy just the gasoline alone will ruin the deal. LOL.;)[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! isn’t that the truth @$4.00+ a gallon :frowning: My local wallyworld store is only
something like 10+ miles away so it’s not all that bad of a drive for me. Okay I
just did a BB store locater search and found one that is a little closer to me it’s
only like 40+ miles away but still… at $4.00+ a gallon :eek: :sad: