50% price drop on BD combo drive in China

vbimport

I just posted the article 50% price drop on BD combo drive in China.

Panasonic has just dropped the retail price of its Blu-ray Disc Combo drive, SW-4583, to 988 yuan in China. This is interesting since the drive originally cost 1,999 yuan but dropped to 1,299 last…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14827-50-price-drop-on-BD-combo-drive-in-China.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14827-50-price-drop-on-BD-combo-drive-in-China.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

That’s great, but what’s a yuan? A kind of chicken? They still buy and sell using livestock? Wow. I can see it now. Hop: Here’s your new BD player, Chow. That will be 988 yuan, please. Chow: Well, I only have two pigs on me. Can you make change? Hop: No problem. Here’s a rabbit. Have a nice day. Seriously, you can buy a BD player in China for $144 but here they charge $400? WTF?
This message was edited at: 04-07-2008 20:23

Well whoop de freakin’ do for China! I bet they could cut them to 300yuan and no one would buy the darn things. The average annual income in China right now is less than 20, 000 yuan. I doubt they will drop 1000 on a Bluray ROM! Yo! Hey man stop over at my crib and lets chill out on some subtitles american HD movies yo. Bring some Tsingtao bro. Oh… and a GENERATOR! WTF??? Do you folks realise how little a percentage of Chinese have a house that can accomadate a 60 inch plasma?!? THIS IS LAUGHABLE! If I were Chinese though…I would try to steal a few from the factory, float them down one of their chemically polluted, technicolor rivers. Then I would peddle them on eBay for $500 a pop, plus shipping and then hire a personal servant to clean my house and make sammiches all day. :B :d :S :+
This message was edited at: 04-07-2008 23:14

Thats nice, a 99 Euro blu-ray player. Now we just have to wait and realize that they cannot charge us 600 Euro’s for a total of 500GB at the moment. A 400 Euro’s blu-ray burner and 20 25 GB BD-R disks at 15 Euro’s each!!! So, way to go Panasonic!! :r

Posted by DukeNukem on Friday 04 July 2008 20:22 “That’s great, but what’s a yuan? A kind of chicken? They still buy and sell using livestock? Wow. I can see it now.” Are you really that dump to figure it out? If you have nothing else to say better keep the lame joke to yourself and STFU!!!