50-Pack Verbatim DVDs $9.99 and Black Vinyl CD-Rs $5.99 at Best Buy

vbimport

Verbatim - 50-Pack 16x DVD+R Disc Spindle
Model: 95037 | SKU: 7263043
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7263043&type=product&id=1117177062616

Verbatim - 50-Pack 52x Digital Vinyl CD-R Disc Spindle
Model: 94587 | SKU: 5394101
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5394101&type=product&id=1051826235854

Nice find!

The Verbatim -R 16x are $9.99 as well http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7263052&type=product&id=1117177062678

Looks like these use AZO dye. At least according to Verbatim’s web-site.

Are these better than the regular MIT Verbatim CD-Rs?

Thanks for the post! I bought 200 CD-R’s for local pickup.

PLEXED
For once they have a good deal. That’s
unusual for BEST BUY.
ZAP.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507005 (Verbatim 100pack DVD-R)

$18.99 + Free Shipping :wink:

any idea on quality of that media?

I need some CD’s so this is a great deal about out of them.

CD’s that are 52x should be CMC :frowning:

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2162791]CD’s that are 52x should be CMC :([/QUOTE]

Actually, many of the Verbatim Vinyl CD-Rs are MII, and if so, then they are MBI.

And BTW, MegaDETH, why are there so many empty blank lines in your posts these days?

[QUOTE=NBR;2162642]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507005 (Verbatim 100pack DVD-R)

$18.99 + Free Shipping :wink:

any idea on quality of that media?[/QUOTE]

Good find. As for the general quality, well, Verbatim is Verbatim, just like Taiyo Yuden is Taiyo Yuden. In other words, it’s good, always has been, and always will be (we hope).

Now, in regards to the DVD-R media specifically, I’d advise against buying those unless you have a burner that can handle them properly. Many folks have much better results with Verbatim DVD+R than they do DVD-R. The media is equal in all respects, but the +R scans better and tends to have much lower PIE.

MII probably is what I imagine.

I got in for 4 spindles of CDs and 3 spindles of DVDs – I still have plenty of +Rs from last winter’s 100-pack deal but wanted to get up to $50 for shipping purposes. Of course, on BestBuy.com, there is no magical free-shipping level, so ~$53 for the discs plus ~38 for shipping plus tax on both.

I’m the persistent type, so I called instead, and doing the order by phone, they were willing to give me free shipping, although when the woman got to the end of the order, she gasped and said, “Oh, my … that’s a lot of shipping to knock off.” But the order went though minus shipping (closest Best Buy is 90 minutes away, and doing a 3-hour round trip after work isn’t my idea of a good time). It’s worth a try for anyone out in the sticks. :slight_smile:

MII ahh much better than the CMC then, thanks for that.

But I still want 16x :wink:

Maybe some will show up on eBay in the future.

I have no idea why I have all those extra spaces :confused:

[QUOTE=negritude;2162857]Actually, many of the Verbatim Vinyl CD-Rs are MII, and if so, then they are MBI.

And BTW, MegaDETH, why are there so many empty blank lines in your posts these days?[/QUOTE]

just returned from my local BB, they have plenty of MIT cd-r vinyl spindles and 3 MII spindles…so i snagged all 3 MII’s. They are indeed Moser Baer

Regardless of the manufacturer, these have to be some of the ugliest CD-R’s I’ve ever purchased.

Color me curious, but do other members’ local BestBuy stores have MCC-004 in the new packaging? All mine has is old-style CMC spindles.

The two spindles of MCC-004 I got today were the old style packaging too. They look to be CMC made, though I haven’t opened one to check.

I didn’t see any “Neo Verbies” except the -R disks, which I don’t use.

[QUOTE=tropic;2163006]Regardless of the manufacturer, these have to be some of the ugliest CD-R’s I’ve ever purchased.

Color me curious, but do other members’ local BestBuy stores have MCC-004 in the new packaging? All mine has is old-style CMC spindles.[/QUOTE]

I pick two 50pack New Packaging Verb MCC004 ( PAPA ) yesterday from BB
also They got lots of stock Prodisc made Old Packaging
and is your Old style Verbs are CMC made PAPA ?

[QUOTE=negritude;2162865]Good find. As for the general quality, well, Verbatim is Verbatim, just like Taiyo Yuden is Taiyo Yuden. In other words, it’s good, always has been, and always will be (we hope).

Now, in regards to the DVD-R media specifically, I’d advise against buying those unless you have a burner that can handle them properly. Many folks have much better results with Verbatim DVD+R than they do DVD-R. The media is equal in all respects, but the +R scans better and tends to have much lower PIE.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the reply.

yeah in general i always figured +R was best… but at that price im going to take a gamble as my drive is Lite-On 1673S drive (from 2005) and i figure as long as the burns are ‘good enough’ and the disc’s dont degrade it will be hard to complain for that price.

just placed a order just now :wink:

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2163009]I pick two 50pack New Packaging Verb MCC004 ( PAPA ) yesterday from BB
also They got lots of stock Prodisc made Old Packaging
and is your Old style Verbs are CMC made PAPA ?[/QUOTE]
That’s cool to hear. The old-style +R verbs at my BestBuy are CMC-made MCC-004 (PAPA). Maybe it’s a fluke, but I’ve never had excellent results from any BestBuy MCC-004… I really do think the night cleaning crew plays hockey with the spindles. And if they have stock that old, that’s a lot of hat tricks with each spindle.

I bought a few spindles of MCC-004 for the office, so I’ll post a scan or two in one of your Pioneer scan threads. :bigsmile: Just to see if it’s still hockey season.

edit: Funny, but there were two spindles of Memorex DVD+R on the shelves, and ALL the other single layer +R stuff was Verbatim. Guess that’s from living out in the middle of nowhere.

[QUOTE=tropic;2163006]All mine has is old-style CMC spindles.[/QUOTE]

Regular or IntelliFlix packaging?