50-Pack Fujifilm 48x Color CD-R

vbimport

What are these? Ritek?

This old thread

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/fujifilm-cd-r-colour-52x-178413/

seems to be saying MiHK, but I’m pretty sure these are MIT.

[QUOTE=negritude;2155609]What are these? Ritek?

This old thread

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/fujifilm-cd-r-colour-52x-178413/

seems to be saying MiHK, but I’m pretty sure these are MIT.[/QUOTE]

If they are truly MIT, then they would likely be RiTEK or Daxon (as Prodisc is now no longer manufacturing blank writable media), with CMC-made discs also possible in those packages.

[QUOTE=RJL65;2155914](as Prodisc is now no longer manufacturing blank writable media)[/QUOTE]Damn :frowning: where did you find that out? Is there a story or press release you can link to?

Prodisc is (or was) one of my favourite CDR makers.

[QUOTE=SeanW;2156000]Damn :frowning: where did you find that out? Is there a story or press release you can link to?
[/QUOTE]

How many times have you seen me refer to Prodisc’s financial troubles when talking about Verbatim media? Did you think I was joking? Did you think that it only affected their production of Verbatim media and nothing else?

Prodisc has gone to hell. Tell your children about it!

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14929-Prodisc-exits-recordable-media-business.html

http://news.cens.com/cens/html/en/news/news_inner_24208.html

Well I had of course read your postings about Prodisc being in financial trouble but I was hoping they wouldn’t go under or stop making discs, there is some difference between “in financial difficulty” and “gone kaput.”

What a bummer. I particularly loved Prodisc CDs - they scan nicely and I’ve found them to be near Taiyo Yuden in stability, Prodisc also had the most ranges of aesthically pleasing discs with coloured substrates, printable-top-black-bottom disc, etc.

Guess I’d better stock up on the Prodisc offerings on SVP … while I still can :frowning:

R.I.P. Prodisc :o

[Off-topic]

[quote=SeanW;2156085]What a bummer. I particularly loved Prodisc CDs - they scan nicely and I’ve found them to be near Taiyo Yuden in stability…[/quote] My Verbatim branded Prodisc CD-R (Extra Protection) have only barely acceptable initial scans and I suspect they may be degrading (based on only one disc so far that I tested for degradation). Hopefully, your Prodisc CD-Rs are better.

Most of the fuji discs I’ve seen in that type of package are Daxon!! BUT can’t be sure!

[QUOTE=RCM;2156132]Most of the fuji discs I’ve seen in that type of package are Daxon!! BUT can’t be sure![/QUOTE]

Right. Note that the spindle above contains colored disks, so they may be different from the regular disks that come in the same package.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2156097][Off-topic]
My Verbatim branded Prodisc CD-R (Extra Protection) have only barely acceptable initial scans and I suspect they may be degrading (based on only one disc so far that I tested for degradation). Hopefully, your Prodisc CD-Rs are better.[/QUOTE]
Drage, I think you’re being unfair. I burned this excellent USD 0.10 “Colors” CD-R more than a week ago, and it still reads back as well as the afternoon I burned it.

Negritude, it just might be Prodisc in there… there’s still a heck of a lot of that stuff in retail channels. Maybe you’ll be lucky and get some Riteks. Most of the Daxon CD-R’s I’ve been seeing in my neck of the woods aren’t MIT anymore.

[QUOTE=tropic;2156333]Most of the Daxon CD-R’s I’ve been seeing in my neck of the woods aren’t MIT anymore.[/QUOTE]

Right. Daxon seems to have switched a lot of it’s DVD and CD production to Malaysia.

[QUOTE=negritude;2156336]Right. Daxon seems to have switched a lot of it’s DVD and CD production to Malaysia.[/QUOTE]

True. The only MIT Daxon-manufactured DVD media that’s commonly avalable around Chicagoland are DVD+R’s with the Sony brand name on the packages.

And you are correct that virtually all Daxon-manufactured media that I saw in recent months are made in Malaysia.

As for the FujiFilm-branded color-label CD-Rs: If they’re MIT, then they’re most likely from RiTEK (with a few leftover Prodisc-made spindle packages still in inventory); if they’re made in Malaysia, they’re nearly always Daxon (MIM media also used to be made by MJC, which is now bankrupt).

[QUOTE=RJL65;2156766]And you are correct that virtually all Daxon-manufactured media that I saw in recent months are made in Malaysia.

As for the FujiFilm-branded color-label CD-Rs: If they’re MIT, then they’re most likely from RiTEK (with a few leftover Prodisc-made spindle packages still in inventory); if they’re made in Malaysia, they’re nearly always Daxon (MIM media also used to be made by MJC, which is now bankrupt).[/QUOTE]

1. It’s interesting to note that with Sony specifically, Daxon switched production of all the 16x DVD-R media to Malaysia, while the 16x DVD+R media remained in Taiwan.

2. Now I know why I can no longer find MJC media under the JVC brand. :doh:

[QUOTE=negritude;2157022]1. It’s interesting to note that with Sony specifically, Daxon switched production of all the 16x DVD-R media to Malaysia, while the 16x DVD+R media remained in Taiwan.[/QUOTE]

Also, as of recently, Daxon has switched production of some of the Sony-branded 16x DVD+R media to Malaysia.