50 pack cd-r's free (40x rating) USA...compusa

vbimport

CompUSA has Philips 50 pack 40x cd-r's for $15 - $15 rebate= $0

Best deal of the day for cd-r's.....hope the quality is good:cool:

Link

Thanks, at that price it is worth the risk.:bow: :bow:

Most likely made by CMC Magnetics.

Made by CMC…can’t handle 48X w/o reading slowdowns at the end (70min mark).
Therefore, perfect for <70min burns and may be fine for 40X burns (haven’t tried one yet)

I just picked up a 50 pack of 48X media 80minutes
@USD0.1; I am wondering at what cost does dumping fraud start to pop its ugly head :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I just tried to get these online at CompUSA but they refused me twice. I guess CompUSA is full of baloney. This is a gimick…free CDR’s (with a rebate) to get people into the store to buy other things; called a loss leader. They don’t want it sold online as that defeats the whole purpose. Of course, they don’t say that upfront. I buy thousands and thousands of items online each year and this is the first time that this has happened. They are a bit crooked. No wonder they are not doing well. Buying at the store is also not very pleasant.:a :a

Here’s the info:

This Disc is designed for CD-RW/COMBO Drive Only.
Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Phthalocyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 26s 66f
Norminal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = CMC,Imation
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 48X

KenL: You do have to go to the store to buy them and your right they are a loss leader.

Supposedly, those Philips/CMC’s are available at CompUSA both in store and online. However, I think that that is a lie. They denied me 2 times online (I have a zillion credit cards and I used Amex). When I telephoned them, the first time after an e-mail denial, they told me that I had to add my ship-to address to my credit card. I know that some online orders require this so I did it. Then I got an e-mail saying that they couldn’t ship it anyway but that I could write for by snail mail for a reason. That is nonsense. I then tried to order again and now my ship to address is registered with my credit card company for the next 6 weeks for any order and that is not a valid excuse. They sent me another e-mail denying me the product. I buy thousands and thousands of dollars of stuff online, in fact, I just got some downloadable software yesterday. So what is their explanation? Who cares at this point. I just received 100 Taiyo Yuden’s, 40x rated for $30. I can live with that as I am not thrilled with CMC’c anyway. Although, free is a good price.:bigsmile:

Sounds like a hassle, compusa stuff I always just go to the store, there right around the corner.

There are much better online stores to order from that actually deliver the items.

Yeah, you are right.:a