50 Pack 48X 700MB 80 Min CD-R for $2.99

Thought I’d try to do my part and pass along some good information. US Markets Only.

Circuit City is currently running a promotion (don’t know when it ends) but you can get a 50 pack spindle of Audiobahn CD-Rs certified for 48X speed and 80 Min/700MB Capacity for $19.99.

They have two rebate programs, one for $7.00 and the other for $10.00 for a net cost of $2.99 plus whatever your state tax maybe.

Sure they’re probably crap quality, but for $2.99 for 50, it’s hard to beat!

Great timing for me since I just picked up a new CD-RW drive, and will probably make a few coasters till I learn the nuances of the fine art of good, proper burning techniques. Might as well do it on crap media before I dump my money on the Taiyo Yudens!

rfmaster1

Originally posted by rfmaster1

Great timing for me since I just picked up a new CD-RW drive, and will probably make a few coasters till I learn the nuances of the fine art of good, proper burning techniques. Might as well do it on crap media before I dump my money on the Taiyo Yudens!

Very wise, I salute you ! :smiley: That’s how it always should be.

The paperwork of the rebate forms seem to say that the offer is good for purchases b/w 11/02/03 and 11/09/03, so hurry hurry hurry.

As supported by Boskin, no point in wasting good media while learning, and for the cost, it’s a cheap learning!

Oh yeah, also, I think the media is CMC Magnetics or something to that extent. Never heard of them, so maybe it’s not just crap, it’s super crap!

Some CMC discs are good, some are very bad.

Most of the CD-R media that I see in the local stores is made by CMC, so you’re likely to run across them often.