5-year-old forced to sign ‘suicide contract’ at school

vbimport

I don’t know if this is too political for this forum or not.
Or if this is the correct part of the forum to post it.
I think most parents would be upset if a school did this to their 5 year old child .
They want the child to get psychological counseling .
I think the school administration is the one that needs psychological counseling & badly.

//youtu.be/0dBDaeWyZaE

Just more evidence as to why the US school system is turning out poorly educated children. IMO, it is mostly the administration of the school systems that promote this type of stupidity and not the teachers in the classrooms. The mother should sue the school system and force the people charged with administering the school system to resign. They are obviously too stupid to be in responsible charge of children.

This is stupid in so many ways that I can’t begin to name them! :doh:

/me points finger at own head and says pew pew …oops, I guess now I’m a murder/suicide candidate. :doh:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2740200]This is stupid in so many ways that I can’t begin to name them! :doh:

/me points finger at own head and says pew pew …oops, I guess now I’m a murder/suicide candidate. :doh:[/QUOTE]

//youtu.be/b57KntD8thg

Or maybe just the shorter original by Cher .
Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
Or is that “Pew” Pew".

//youtu.be/6IdEfcsjhGE

This is one case where I think the re-interpreted version was better than the original. Kill Bill then made the Nancy Sinatra version more popular also.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2740205]This is one case where I think the re-interpreted version was better than the original. Kill Bill then made the Nancy Sinatra version more popular also.[/QUOTE]

I think it just depends on who’s voice you like better Cher’s or Nancy’s.
For this one I like Cher’s better But I see you like Nancy’s better.

[QUOTE=cholla;2740207]I think it just depends on who’s voice you like better Cher’s or Nancy’s.
For this one I like Cher’s better But I see you like Nancy’s better.[/QUOTE] For me it’s got nothing to do with their voices.
The re-interpreted version has a different tempo and feels darker and more serious than the original, which I like.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2740211]For me it’s got nothing to do with their voices.
The re-interpreted version has a different tempo and feels darker and more serious than the original, which I like.[/QUOTE]
I get that. The music is smoother in the “re-interpreted version”.
It may be that I listened to the Cher version when it was on the top 40 radio charts here & a new release . I still like it the best . But that’s just my opinion & how it sounds to my ears.
If everyone liked the same version of a song the same there wouldn’t be other versions.

[QUOTE=cholla;2740192]I don’t know if this is too political for this forum or not.
Or if this is the correct part of the forum to post it.
I think most parents would be upset if a school did this to their 5 year old child .
They want the child to get psychological counseling .
I think the school administration is the one that needs psychological counseling & badly.[/quote]

They do this so that it is logged and well documented. They want to make absolutely sure that they will not get sued in any way.

If they did not to anything they might be held liable for any damages that might ever occur in the future of the school as long as the child is in that school. Yes, that is a lot of assumption.

It is still a major stupid thing, but thank the law system for that.

The really stupid thing about this is that legally a five year old can not sign a binding contract of any type. This action does however put the school system in legal jeopardy today because they forced a minor to illegally sign a contract.

I’ll go with UTR on this.
The school can be held more accountable for illegally forcing a minor to sign any contract. That is something that actually happened .
Not something that might happen in the future.
Not to mention exposing the 5 year old to words her parents weren’t ready for her to learn the meaning of. I doubt most 5 year olds can grasp the concept of suicide or death in general.
Why not just give her the full sex talk at the same time?

I went to elementary school in the early 1960’s .
Kids fake shot other kids on a daily basis at school.
When we got back from Christmas vacation there was usually a toy day.
Children were allowed to bring one toy they had got for Christmas to school that day.
This included cap guns or other toy guns.
With all that I don’t remember one incident where a child from that generation took a real gun to school & killed a bunch of classmates or teachers.
Apparently this kind of play didn’t scar my generation.

I think they should do the American thing here, and sue, sue ,sue, for some one in the most litigious society in the world not to sue would be downright unpatriotic.:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2740239]I think they should do the American thing here, and sue, sue ,sue, for some one in the most litigious society in the world not to sue would be downright unpatriotic.:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

As a school taxpayer I hate that sue is the only way parents have to go at school officials for something like this.Of course this time it’s not in my area but it could have been.
Rarely if ever are the school officials sued themselves. Separate from the school system. I think judges usually throw this out & insist the school system be sued instead.
Where would the parents go besides the courts ?
I doubt that any criminal charges would ever be filed against the school officials. So a civil suit is the only option left.
I can just see this scenario:
The parents go to a school board meeting with the request that they fire themselves,the school superintendent, & the principal of the school.
I somehow don’t think that would have the results the parents want.

[QUOTE=UTR;2740235]The really stupid thing about this is that legally a five year old can not sign a binding contract of any type. This action does however put the school system in legal jeopardy today because they forced a minor to illegally sign a contract.[/QUOTE]Oh i know. Because of the publicity they will probably explain it’s a promise and not a contract and just for documentation. I’ve worked long enough with ISO and dozens of other certification authorities to know the real danger between paper processes and the actual real world :slight_smile:

We have kinda the same protection around here. People under 18 cannot legally sign anything. Their parents have to sign for it. Even if a minor purchases something expensive without written agreement, the parent can just drop the product on the counter and demand the money back, since you are not allowed to sell anything expensive to them.

It’s a weird world when you have to teach your children about the very strange differences between consumerism, real life and the documents they will encounter in their life.