5.9.5.9?

vbimport

It’s a good thing I came by here and browsed. this is the first time that this has happened.
when i got the message to update to the above version i did and rebooted, i haven’t used it yet though.
but the oddest thing has happened, a couple of days ago i got the message that a new version of any dvd 5.9.5.9 was available??? I ignored it and finished for the day and then the next day on a reboot I got the same message and yet after reviewing this forum it looks like there is another version after this one available???
Anyway i just rebooted after being away from the computer for several hrs today and again got the message about the new version of 5.9.5.9
I checked the “About” on my Any Dvd and it is 5.9.5.9. that is installed on my computer???
What could be going on?
I thought that I should post before I do anything and mess the program up.
I look forward to comments,
Thankyou

Version5.9.6.0. is out at slysoft.com maybe thats why its asking you to update??

You have two choices either upgrade to newer version or go ahead disalble (uncheck) the function of auto upgrading report in Any DVD.

What I am wondering about is if the 5.9.5.9 version that it keeps telling me is available and is shown in the “about” on my version is there??

Could it be that the file is corrupt? And if so if I d/l the new version will it work properply or have problems?

This has never occurred before and that is why I am asking. I don’t want to disenable the “upgrading report” as I rely on it to know when a newer version comes out.

Incidentally, some members here may recognize me from having problems with Clone DVD having problems with not being able to get pas the “oh no”…error.
The office techie found out that it is b/c I always was saving the proggy new version to the desktop and opening it there.
For some reason I can’t save the “setup”, I have to run it right away otherwise I am plagued with a Clone Dvd that will not work.

I thought that i would mention that here, however I may have to start another thread on that issue.

Anyway I would appreciate all comments on my Any dvd situation. BTW I got rid of all of my setups, I had far too many in the file and thus it was taking up space and so I hope i don’t have a problem here.

Again I thankyou for your time and look forward to comments regarding my demise with Any dvd,
Cheers.

@ Cleary,

Exactly what is wrong with Forum Member’s TCAS response to your inquiry? There is absolute nothing usual with the AnyDVD software program informing you that there is a newer up to date version of AnyDVD available.

As Forum Member’s TCAS states you have two options. Either install the newest up to date version of AnyDVD v5.9.6.0 or disable (uncheck) the function of auto upgrading report in AnyDVD. Of course there is another option, which is to discontinuing the use of AnyDVD software program and completely remove the AnyDVD software program from your computer.

If you decide to install the newest up to date version of AnyDVD v5.9.6.0 use the SetUpAnyDVD exactable installer and install AnyDVD in the default directory (C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD).

To prevent any errors in starting the AnyDVD software program start the AnyDVD program by navigating to Start\Programs\SlySoft\AnyDVD\AnyDVD. To prevent any confusion also delete any DeskTop ShortCut Icons.

As stated in my numerous pervious Forum postings to your inquires the most likely cause of your failure to save and install SlySoft setup files correctly is the invasive interference caused by Anti-Virus software program. Files downloaded from the SlySoft Web Site are Virus free and it is unnecessary to have invasive Anti-Virus software programs actively running in the background while attempting to save and install SlySoft software programs. This invasive interference Anti-Virus issue is thoroughly discussed through out the CD Freaks Forums.

Best Regards,
bjkg

What the pop-up window is telling you is that you [B]are informed by ver. 5.9.5.9[/B], not that such a version is newly available!
So ver. [B]5.9.5.9 tells[/B] you that a newer version is out. If you go to slysoft’s homepage you can find out which one it is. In case of 5.9.5.9 it was 5.9.6.0, but it could have been another built number that follows 5.9.5.9.

All the office tech is saying is I already have this version installed and he is no egghead; he checked and there was no build after this one and still today it is popping up with the message to install 5.9.5.9 and it is already installed and there is no alert for the latest verson that is now out???
All he is saying is that 5.9.5.9 was downloaded and something keeps thinking it isn’t inspite of the fact that the “about” shows that it is indeed on the notebook.
That’s all he is saying and as a tech he doesn’t “jump” when the message reads “jump” when he already has "jumped"
Does anyone understand??!!
Regards

The message says that 5.9.6.0 is available.

There [B]is[/B] a new version, namely 5.9.6.0.
Don’t [B]you[/B] understand!!??

This seemingly reapeating message confused me for a few minutes as well, but it soon became obvious there really was a newer version. I didn’t expect a newer one so soon. But I ain’t complaining. :slight_smile:

Post a screenshot of the popup message and a screenshot of the “About” windows in AnyDVD showing what version you are running currently. I’m sure this will clear things up.

haha this thread rules.

slysofts amazing speed of service and attentiveness to customer problems has caused a problem :slight_smile:

i’m not being a jerk, just amused at the irony of the situation.

it’s easy to overlook the version number that the pop up window says is new if you’re just skimming it, and it’s not uncommon with anydvd to have multiple updates the same day especially if there were a lot of changes in a release that may have caused a problem or two for users.

i assume you’ve got it all figured out now? :slight_smile:

@ Cleary,

Perchance did you actually read my #5 posting in this thread?

Evidently you and your “Office Tech” have great difficulty fully understanding that currently the most recent up to date version of the AnyDVD software program is not AnyDVD v5.9.5.9 but [B]AnyDVD v5.9.6.0[/B]. Is this fact that difficult to understand?

If you or your “Office Tech” actually visit the SlySoft (http://www.slysoft.com) Web Site you will easily see that since 26 April 06 [B]AnyDVD v5.9.6.0[/B] is the newest current version of AnyDVD.

Just do yourself, your “Office Tech”, and CD Freaks Forum Members a favor and either install the newest up to date version of [B]AnyDVD v5.9.6.0[/B] or disable (uncheck) the function of auto upgrading report in AnyDVD.

After reading your postings #1, #4 and #7 in this thread I can easily understand why you and your “Office Tech” buddy have had a long on going history of having great difficulty using the SlySoft AnyDVD-CloneDVD software programs.

Best Regards,
bjkg

just to reiterate simply and in one line:

5.9.5.9 (the version you have installed) is NOT the newest version

5.9.6.0 IS the newest version.

either update to make the popup message go away or turn off update notification if you don’t want to update (no reason for this really)

i really cant believe he doesn’t understand that there’s a newer version, maybe should stick to a pen & paper

Thanx everyone for your devout attention to this post!!! :bigsmile:

All that the Tech and I are saying is that the need to install a new version of Any DVD message always indicated the number of the new Version to GO and install and it did not make reference to the one that was already installed.
Which this message does, it pops up with “a new version 5.9.5.9 etc…”

So then, the Tech merely wondered if the D/L for the 5.9.5.9 version was corrupt in its D/L In spite of the fact that in the “About” it shows the current version to be 5.9.5.9

Thus he wondered if doing a D/L of the new version could cause problems overtop of one that might be corrupt!

That is all this post is about Guys!!!

We are not here to cause a calamity and we do know how to check versions that are on the computer and are versed in the messages Any Dvd uses for new versions needing D/L :iagree:

That is the sum and total of why this was posted, in the simplest lingo possible.
Best Regards.

Well…the inevitable happened as the Tech at the office did the D/L as everyone here was indicating just a glitch of some sort with Any DvD “don’t worry and so on…” re the message to D/L 5.9.5.9; when the About of Any DvD showed that the proggy Already was 5.9.5.9.

NOW, my version after a D/L for the latest version from the Slysoft site shows me now with the version 5.5!!!??? And yes I am licenced.

So there indeed is some issue here as we suspected.

Comments.

Cleary,
Go back to the top of this thread, and SLOWLY read the responses that you have received, and HOPEFULLY, it will make sense to you. :doh:

Edit:
Did you edit your post? When I read it initially you stated that you now had version 5.9.6.0, and now it states that you have a 5.5xx

You did!
I just paged back and found it.
This is a copy and paste of your initial post.

Well…the inevitable happened as the Tech at the office did the D/L as everyone here was indicating just a glitch of some sort with Any DvD “don’t worry and so on…” re the message to D/L 5.9.5.9; when the About of Any DvD showed that the proggy Already was 5.9.5.9.

NOW, my version after a D/L for the latest version from the Slysoft site shows me now with the version 5.9.6.0!!!??? And yes I am licenced.

So there indeed is some issue here as we suspected.

Comments.

Whoa, this thread gets stranger with each post.

It’s been suggested several times, disable the auto-check feature for updates. Clearly there is some issue here, what it is will probably never be discovered.

I don’t update until I encounter a disc that can’t be copied. I realize that frequent updates are a great thing, but clearly there are exceptions where this doesn’t work.