5/6 gen liteon wrt DVD-R

The DVD-R issue on newer liteons might be a legitimate issue, but so far posts about the issue seems to be scattered. if there’s an old thread about this, please merge :bow:

I think we should know the model of the liteon burner, the f/w version, the MID of the DVD-R, and the make and model of the DVD player, whether DVD-R burns from the liteon or another drive works (or if any burned media works at all in the player), and quality scans if possible.

don’t everyone all jump in at once :frowning:

works in Daewoo DVG-4000s
burned in 1635s YS0W @ 8x

Flashed This Drive Back To SHW-160P6S PS08

OEM Taiyo Yuden TYG02 DVD-R 8x
Try This Many Times With Mainly TY’s DVD-R Also Failed To Play Till Now :confused:

This Is My Very First Playable Movie From My SHW-160P6S

Plays On:
Samsung DVD/VCR Dual Deck DVD-V5500
Sonwa SDVD300
Xbox v1.1 (Samsung Drive)

The problem with the drive on -r disks seems to be at the start of the disk it seems to start writing ferver into the disk .The circle at the start is bigger than my last liteon-drive and any drive I have had in the past, Seems mad they can sell this drive when it just isn’t right.

Yeah, i got this problem too with my 1635s. only 4 months old. I Have another thread somewhere detailing my system spec. All discs burned have a larger blank area before start of burn. Burn quality is quite good but still the issue of the starting point. Im running firmware YSON and was gonna change to YSOW but looks like the problem wont be fixed. I use RitekG05 and CMCmag with equaly bad results. Films play great in my pc but either wont play or skip like buggery in set top dvd player. What do we do now guys?

I think in order to figure out any sort of pattern, we should all also give the make and model of the dvd player; it could also be the player too that is causing problem.
I for one think it’s better to have one thread with detailed information then have 10 threads about scans with complaints about DVD-Rs thrown in, usually without much info except that it doesn’t work; it just seems too disorganized for anyone to even attempt to find commonality among affected users.

SHW-160P6S@165P6S FW MS0M
HP CMC MAG. AM3 16x@12x (I Really Dislike This Media)

Plays On:
Sonwa SDVD300

p.s My SHW-160P6S Is Having Trouble Burning Some DVD-R’s Full Stop. :a

SHW-160P6S@165P6S FW MS0M

TDK DVD-R TTH02 16x@12x (Drop To 6x For Most Of The Burn)
ISO Image Burnt With ImgBurn v1.2.0.0
Scanned With DVDinfoPro 4.55

Plays On:
Sonwa SDVD300