5.2.3.2 & file size

Have used previous versions with no problem.

When I convert DVD to mobile (AVI - XVID/MP3) and SET the FILE SIZE it never stays and is always larger. eg; if I say 700 mb it ends up at 728 mb. Any ideas?

The file sizes are just estimates; 728 is within 5% of the estimate. Use two-pass conversion and they will be closer (but will take longer). A size of 700MB is small for a full-length movie at any but the smallest screen sizes and lowest bitrate settings. Is your video quality acceptable?

[QUOTE=signals;2235774]The file sizes are just estimates; 728 is within 5% of the estimate. Use two-pass conversion and they will be closer (but will take longer). A size of 700MB is small for a full-length movie at any but the smallest screen sizes and lowest bitrate settings. Is your video quality acceptable?[/QUOTE]

It’s a TV movie - quality is good. In an older version it wasn’t an estimate - I did a series of TV episodes at 150 mb and they were all exactly that. Is this a version change?

If its 5% then 665 should do it?

Someone else pointed out (and no one ever responded) that when using the set filesize option, it doesn’t take into account the correct audio bitrate when deciding the video bitrate.

Set your filesize, notice the preselected fixed bitrate in the box above. Now, adjust the filesize (I just delete the last digit) in any direction and then set it back to the filesize you want. Notice the fixed bitrate in the box above has changed downward by a factor of whatever audio bitrate you selected. The filesizes should become more accurate now.