5.2.2.2 Two Problems

vbimport

I downloaded version 5.2.2.2 this morning to create 4 mobile MP4. I have the licensed version and have run multiple jobs in the queue before with no problems.

Problem 1 - fps setting in conversion settings always reverts back to 23.97. Optimum for my device is 24 fps and this is the default I set in my custom profile I have been using for about a year. I think this problem just showed in 5.2.2.2 because I was using 5.1.2.2 before and it was working.

Problem 2 - Multiple conversions do not complete. When I have a couple jobs in the queue only the first one will complete. The second one starts but fps goes to zero and only about a 15mb file is created. The timer just keeps goes but the job is not actually running. It sat there for 2 hours before I noticed it was not working.

I canceled, deleted the first job, and restarted with no other changes and the second job will now begin conversion. Will see if it completes a goes on to the next jobs. All movies are ripped to the HD already.

Again I think this just started with 5.2.2.2.

Anyone else seeing similar issues? If they continue I will go back to 5.1.2.2 to see if they are there but I really need to get these conversions done today so not a lot of time for troubleshooting for a couple of days.

Thanks.

Ok, on problem #2 above it has nothing to do with multiple tasks in the queue. Randomly the convert to mobile will just hang with the timer still counting but fps=0. This looks similar to another issue post I have seen here.

I have recreated this on 2 different computers now. Since I was having trouble I uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck so I installed on a second computer. The “hang” occurred on 2 different movies.

I am pretty sure at this point it is DVDFab and not my setup or movies being converted.

hi,

Thanks for your report.

for the first problem, fps always jump to 23.976 is because the Default frame option “Same as source” is opened, you can find it in Common Settings/Generic. you can try to select “Specified in profile”, DVDFab will not change your output framerate.

some question for the second problem:

Multiple conversions do not complete. When I have a couple jobs in the queue only the first one will complete. The second one starts but fps goes to zero and only about a 15mb file is created. The timer just keeps goes but the job is not actually running. It sat there for 2 hours before I noticed it was not working.

I canceled, deleted the first job, and restarted with no other changes and the second job will now begin conversion. Will see if it completes a goes on to the next jobs. All movies are ripped to the HD already.

the hang happened in the second job, and if you delete the first job, then old job will finish no problem ?

I have recreated this on 2 different computers now. Since I was having trouble I uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck so I installed on a second computer. The “hang” occurred on 2 different movies.

What your mean is the hang problem will not happened in the special movies, just maybe for any movies in the queue ?

Thanks.

when i use 5.2.2.2 DVD to DVD function (main movie), the copy goes to my hard drive without any problems. i then use the hard drive copy of the movie and use the DVD to mobile (generic). my settings are 2-pass conversion set to a single 1400MB file.

this step is where i get an “error/hang”. there is no error log written, but the “task time left” says “00:00:00” and the encoding fps says “0.00”, but the percent is stuck at ~4%. i closed dvdfab and restarted the application with the same settings and the problem still occurs. each time this “hang” occurs, it is still on its first task.

i thought this would be fixed since it first appeared in 5.2.2.0. is there something different that was introduced since 5.1.2.2? since i was unable to convert using this 5.2.2.2, so i had to downgrade again to 5.1.2.2 and all is well.

[QUOTE=morejunkmail;2184920]when i use 5.2.2.2 DVD to DVD function (main movie), the copy goes to my hard drive without any problems. i then use the hard drive copy of the movie and use the DVD to mobile (generic). my settings are 2-pass conversion set to a single 1400MB file.

this step is where i get an “error/hang”. there is no error log written, but the “task time left” says “00:00:00” and the encoding fps says “0.00”, but the percent is stuck at ~4%. i closed dvdfab and restarted the application with the same settings and the problem still occurs. each time this “hang” occurs, it is still on its first task.

i thought this would be fixed since it first appeared in 5.2.2.0. is there something different that was introduced since 5.1.2.2? since i was unable to convert using this 5.2.2.2, so i had to downgrade again to 5.1.2.2 and all is well.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is exactly the symtoms I am having as well.

5.1.2.2 seemed to be the last stable version, and I’ve backed out my system to that. My installation of 5.2.2.2 won’t convert DVD to mobile without crashing sorry to say.

[QUOTE=Ting;2184875]hi,

Thanks for your report.

for the first problem, fps always jump to 23.976 is because the Default frame option “Same as source” is opened, you can find it in Common Settings/Generic. you can try to select “Specified in profile”, DVDFab will not change your output framerate.

some question for the second problem:

the hang happened in the second job, and if you delete the first job, then old job will finish no problem ?

What your mean is the hang problem will not happened in the special movies, just maybe for any movies in the queue ?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hi Ting,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I did not describe the problem very well.

On the default fps, I was using Mode 3 in my custom profile and this has always worked for me. I will double check the setting you mentioned maybe I changed this by mistake. This one is not a big deal since it is easy to change as long as I remember.

On the second problem, yes the other 2 jobs in the queue finished fine and I deleted the first one and restarted. However I no longer believe it is a problem with multiple jobs in the queue.

I have run into the problem a number of times with just one job in the queue. The job looks like it will start then fps goes to 0 and time remaining goes to 00:00.

I hope this helps. It looks like quite a few people are having the same problem.

One more thing, if I can get it to happen again I will caputre screen shots and more detail. I am usually a little more detailed but was in a big hurry yesterday.

I have seen the same issue as VideoRoy and mgrosso. This is an occasional problem with the current software.

[QUOTE=shootsbooz;2185374]I have seen the same issue as VideoRoy and mgrosso. This is an occasional problem with the current software.[/QUOTE]
I am having the same issue as you 3.

Worked fine until I upgraded. I have ripped to my HD and am trying to convert using Mobile. Now, I can’t use Mobile to convert anything, so it is basically useless in its current state. I have tried it on 3 things with 3 failures.:doh: