5.2.2.2 stops functioning on various PMP conversions

vbimport

Part way through conversion pass 1 the time left goes to zero, and elapsed time continues to count up forever.

Extracting audio from Mamma Mia!
Converting Avatar Book 3: Fire 4

Others as well.

I actualy posted a similar issue under another posting (Programs stops working ). My DVDFab 5.2.2.2 stops working after the 1st pass finishes and my 2nd pass is supposed to begin. Just started happening to me the other day (after a few successful rips). I have a screen shot in that other posting.

Even if a second pass is not specified it still stops and continues to count forever, so the second pass would not seem to be involved. Also, it appears to be random, as sometimes it completes, and sometimes not.

I too am having a problem with 5.2.2.2 and converting to PS3:

first off i had used 5.2.1.0_Beta to rip my Dark Knight DVD…then I encountered a problem with the PS3 conversion getting this error:

I then checked for the latest and installed 5.2.2.2 and started the process over again and this time it just hung up…i started it last night and when i came in this morning i found this:

any ideas as to what’s going on?
thanks!

Ttt

I am also having this problem.
My hardware worked fine with dvdfab under windows xp, but now that I am running vista (or maybe it is 5.2.2.2?), dvdfab starts to run, averaging 50+fps, then starts to drop down after a few minutes. After 5 minutes or so it is down to 1fps, then it ends up at 0fps, but time is still counting up. DVD Drive light is not flashing at this point. I let it sit there for an hour or so and it never recovered, no fps, no dvd drive light.

I have tried xbox wmv, generic h264, both had same issue. I was able to successfully do a vob generic passthrough copy…

Just encountered another problem this morning…had just finished archiving one movie, then without closing 5.2.2.2 I popped in my next movie that I wanted to archive and 5.2.2.2 crashes and I have to start it over again. It’s working mind you, but it seems as if I have to close Fab out after each movie in order to start another session…?

Version 5222 is very buggy and everyone seems to have this issue and this issue started with version 5220 I believe

I just tried uninstalling 5222, and install a 5212 I had sitting around. I got almost exactly the same results, except this time vista reported that FabCore stopped responding after about 2 minutes in…

Make sure that for the DEP exception settings you have [B]“Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select”[/B] is selected and DVDFab is showing with a check mark.
If not make the changes and reboot.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2189276]Version 5222 is very buggy and everyone seems to have this issue and this issue started with version 5220 I believe[/QUOTE]

i’ve actually been having that problem of crashing since 5.0…i’ve just been in the habit of closing out and opening again with each DVD…but since i’ve started posting in here i thought i’d at least report it…

I have gone back to version 5120 on my xp rig because of this issue :frowning:
which does not crash …hopefully the next beta will have the fix for this :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2189414]I have gone back to version 5120 on my xp rig because of this issue :frowning:
which does not crash …hopefully the next beta will have the fix for this :)[/QUOTE]

well, closing and reopening isn’t as bad as not being able to convert my movies into a more viewable format for streaming to my PS3…IMO… :wink: but agree that it would be nice to have it fixed! :smiley:

I am having similar type issues using DVDFab Mobile to convert to an XBox 360 format (.wmv). It will go along for awhile doing the conversion and then simply terminate under Vista with a popup message coming up to send info about the problem out. I have tried one and two pass with various settings and it still crashes. Are all these issues related and any idea as to when these issues will be fixed?

Same here, since upgrading 5.2.2.2 I have been having trbl converting. It starts and just hangs at a certain point, or just crashes and brings up the panel to send info for support. I thought maybe it was the backup I had but I was able to use Handbrake just fine. This has happened with several DVDs now. Whats up DVDFab? I was about to order the file converter but I think I will hold off until this issue is resolved.

Just FYI on vista I turned off DEP completely and it made no difference.

what version of vista are you running?
and how did you turn it off?
because you can turn it off…within system properties -> "Performance Optyion there are two settings for DEP using tick marks and you can not remove both tick marks it is on or the other.

and there is no place in computer management-> services to disable DEP. not even in security policies, at least that I know of

Control Panel->System->Advanced System Settings->Performance Settings->Data Execution Prevention-> OK Sorry, it is not “OFF”, but is only on for essential windows programs and services only.

Previously it was on for all programs, and DVD Fab was listed in the box and checked. No difference with it set either way.

[quote=cmate;2189568]Control Panel->System->Advanced System Settings->Performance Settings->Data Execution Prevention-> OK Sorry, it is not “OFF”, but is only on for essential windows programs and services only.

Previously it was on for all programs, and DVD Fab was listed in the box and checked. No difference with it set either way.[/quote]
Now that we have that clear :flower:
which version of vista are you running ?

One of the first things I do with a fresh install of Vista or XP is to completely disable DEP. TO turn it off in Vista, do the following:

Disable DEP in Vista:

1. Click Start
  2. Click All Programs
  3. Click Accessories
  4. Right Click on Command Prompt
  5. Left click on Run as Administrator
  6. Click the Allow button if it asks you for permission
  7. Type or copy and paste this into the command prompt window:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

1. Hit enter and you should see the confirmation: Operation Completed Successfully
  2. Reboot and DEP should be off.

If you decide you want it back on at some point, just type:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn

Note that CaSe IS important with AlwaysOn or AlwaysOff, DO NOT use alwayson or alwaysoff.

Or you could grab a copy of BCDEdit From NeoSmart Technologies, and use that program to make all kinds of changes via checkboxes to turn on and off different boot time and other Vista Options.

Link to BCDEdit http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1