5.2.2.2, 0 fps

vbimport

Fauwlty Towers, Disk 1, from the backup disk, it was the 4th job on the queue.

Reran, and runs fine, so it must not be the disk.

xVid, audio copy, mkv file, 2 pass. Failed on pass 1 at 15.78%

Bitrate 2000, sub-title as separate file.

no crash. Was able to cancel (after 8 hours) and restart after removing the first 3 jobs. So good recovery and no crash.:clap:

Happened to me on Night at the museum, 7 hrs of closing credits.

Was just thinking it would be nice to have a monitor thread in the program. Since the program is reporting the 0 FPS, could a thread monitor that variable and wake up ever 15 sec (as an example) and check for 0 FPS. Then after 2 samples, it restarts the engine on the current task (deleting the bad files first so that you don’t get the questions.)

Just an idea.

In a situation where you are reading from a DVD to write to another device (DVD or HD, say) - there is an additional step where the system will attempt to verify the accuracy of the data written by re-reading from the source.

This extra step is not included (or handled more gracefully) in a playback-only situation. Thus, a small data error on a source may be enough to slow a read-write process down to 0 FPS, yet if it shows up at all on playback, may only affect a frame or two of the sequence, and be missed by just watching playback on a monitor (or TV).

The only way to truly verify a source disk is with a program like Nero Disk Speed 5, which will find small errors like that, even ones that may not generate an error message during the write process (although 0 FPS is almost as good as an error message).

To MonkeyCowboy - when I backed up my copy of Night At The Museum, not a single problem or FPS slowdown - source disk is probably the culprit (check for dirt, finger prints, etc. … the lack of error message points in that direction)

O’C

:iagree:

I was reading from the HD, not a DVD, but thanks.

hi,

Looks like the problem of “hangs in queue work randomly” ?

Was able to cancel (after 8 hours) and restart after removing the first 3 jobs. So good recovery and no crash

what your mean is when start this work not in queue will finished ?

Happened to me on Night at the museum, 7 hrs of closing credits.

this is happened in any queue work ?

Thanks.

[QUOTE=Ting;2184887]what your mean is when start this work not in queue will finished ?.[/QUOTE]
No, there were 7 tasks in the queue. The system stopped at task 4. I removed the first 3 and ran it again.

Once again, stopped on task 4. However, this time it was Sleeping Beauty (again).

Same settings but stopped at pass 2, 100% complete, 0 FPS for 8 hours. 100% CPU on a dual core (well tasks being what they are, DVDFab was not at 100% but it was requesting everything it could get.)

Tried to stop it this time and it is not responding. Rest of the machine is responding fine. The output MKV is 0 bytes and is locked.

Will try again.

I take part of it back. After killing DVDFab in the task manager, the file went from 0 bytes to .99 G.

No subtitles, no audio (was audio copy) , but it ended 2 minutes and 3 seconds early from the end of the title, so I would guess that these are not a part of it at this point.

It failed again, this time at exactly the same point, but it was the first task.

I was wondering if there is special credits code that compresses the end different than the beginning. The problem with Sleeping Beauty is that the credits are at the beginning, and the end closes with the book closing.

I will have to wait until SB is supported.

hi,

I think now there are two problems,
one is sometime the working progress will hangs randomly, we are check this problem.

second is the Sleeping Beauty, now DVDFab mobile convert this Disc have some problem, need fix it.

Thanks.