5.1.2.2 Hangs at start of Generic convert

vbimport

Hi, I have just upgraded to 5.1.2.2 from 4.0.1.2 (which I still have installed). I am converting my region 2 Deep Space 9 disks so that I can watch them on my Archos 705. This works fine on 4.0.1.2. When I try to convert a track (which has converted on 4) i.e.
Run 5; insert dvd; let it be scanned; select generic; check a track; Next; wait for analyse; click Start and after the target directory is created the program Hangs and I have to kill it (i.e. not responding in Task Manager window). Another point, the track does not play in the preview window (if i try before clicking Start).

Version 4 still seems to work so I can continue using that for now.

Have I done something wrong with version 5?

Steve

I to am having issues with the DVD to Mobile ‘Generic’ conversion hanging at the start with this version (5.1.2.2).

The first analysis when the disc is inserted goes ok but when I click ‘Next’ and the second analysis starts and it goes forever; I have let it sit for 30+ minutes; I end up having to kill DVDFab in taskmgr since the cancel analysis seamingly does nothing at this point.

The DVD I was trying to convert was my ‘Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark’

Chris

UPDATE to my post:

I have since tried another one of my discs with the same settings but a different DVD and with the exception of it being very slow in the conversion (still in progress…) it did not hang on the analysis of the disc.

Chris

Try the latest version that came out today.

Thanks for the quick responses and advice. I uninstalled 5.1.2.2 and installed and registered 5.2.0.0 but same problem:- will not play in preview window and hangs after creating directory and accessing DVD (different disk this time). Good job I still have version 4 on my system (hope that is not the problem).
Steve

Try a different disc, it may be a bad source disc, may I know what disc this is, so I can test it.:wink:

Hi, I have tried 3 different disks, all convert on version 4 and all cause 5 to hang. They are the region 2 Deep Space 9 series 1 disk 1, 2 and 3 (the slim package versions).

One thing I have noted is that version 5 defaults to 24fps on the conversion even though they are region 2 PAL disks (version 4 says same as source which I always thought was 25 fps).

My hunch is that the problem causing hanging on converting is the same one that prevents the tracks playing in the preview window. Since it cannot play the track it cannot convert it. The analysis seems to work though and it knows all about the sub pictures and number of tracks etc.

Version 5 also hange on DVD main movie after creating the folders to receive the conversion.

Steve

[quote=SteveTerrell;2167799]Hi, I have tried 3 different disks, all convert on version 4 and all cause 5 to hang. They are the region 2 Deep Space 9 series 1 disk 1, 2 and 3 (the slim package versions).

One thing I have noted is that version 5 defaults to 24fps on the conversion even though they are region 2 PAL disks (version 4 says same as source which I always thought was 25 fps).

My hunch is that the problem causing hanging on converting is the same one that prevents the tracks playing in the preview window. Since it cannot play the track it cannot convert it. The analysis seems to work though and it knows all about the sub pictures and number of tracks etc.

Version 5 also hange on DVD main movie after creating the folders to receive the conversion.

Steve[/quote]
Ah, I can only get R1 Discs, sometime they are different. I didnt have aproblem when I just tried it. But you may be correct, I dont have any R2 discs to try.

I have now tried 5.2 and those disks on my other (slower) laptop and there is no problem there. So it is not the disks or 5.2 as such.
My faster Clevo D90T is running XP professional while my slower Acer is running XP media edition.

It would be easier to blaim my Clevo setup if it was not for the fact that version 4 works fine on it (although it does seem to hog all 3.4GHz!).

The features on version 5 look good but I really would like to run it on my fastest computer.

Steve

I have just downloaded and installed 5.2.1.0 on my previously failing laptop and it both displays the selected titles in the preview window and converts the disks.

I did manage to get two copies of DVDFAB running at one point which seemed to confuse things a bit but well done to the development team.

Steve