5.1.1.5 HD Decrypter

vbimport

I have dl’d this program… It only runs dvd9…
I understand this is a free program… Can someone tell me what is the disadvantage of only running dvd9 and not dvd5. Will I be able to use a single layer 4.7 DVD

thank you
Ken

Depends on if you do movie only and the size of the movie only.
Many are 4.2 or less and will fit on a single layer disk.
Some are larger and need to be compressed first.
There are free programs that will compress the movie to the size needed.
Check the size after it is on your hard drive to determine what is needed.

If you do full disk it will need to be compressed before burning.

The free version does not compress material to fit on a DVD-5. If it would fit on one to begin with, it will still fit after decrypting. You can compare the features of the free and paid versions here: http://www.dvdfab.com/fab-compare.htm

thank you signals… I have a follow-up question.

I just used HD decrypter and it created audio and video ts folders. Within the folder are the Vob files… I have roxio which is what i usually use however roxio requires iso. The IFO and BUP files seem very small compared to the VOB.

Which files do I use to burn onto a DVD. Roxio only accepts iso

A second question–There are numerous VOB files created. They max out at 1048. How do I know which ones to burn to get the complete movie without trailers etc.

thank you again for your help. it is appreciated

If your going to use HD Decrypter go ahead and get DVD Shrink ver. 3.2.0.15. It’s free and will shrink the movie down to fit on a dvd5. You can also edit with it to cut out all the extra’s if you like. The progam is not updated anymore but does a fine job of shrinking if you are using the free HD Decrypter.

I have used DVD shrink instead of HD decrypter… How would i use them both in conjunction with one another… rather than separately.

Also can you tell me how to burn the files that i mentioned in the above post… the ifp and bup files are very small and the VOB files seem to match the size of the original file…

I use roxio.

Use HD Decrypter to put it on the hard drive in DVD9 then open it up in Shrink to shrink it to DVD5 to the hard drive.

I don’t use Roxio so I am not familiar with that program. I use Nero and been messing with Imageburn.

I would guess that in Roxio, you would select DVD then open the movie that Shrink shrank video_ts folder and select all and paste them into your project.

I still need some help on how to burn the files in video_ts… I have large vob files but the ifo and bup are quite small…

thanks
Ken

[quote=kenshireen;2159363]I still need some help on how to burn the files in video_ts… I have large vob files but the ifo and bup are quite small…

thanks
Ken[/quote]
That’s normal that they are small, but you should burn all files to a dvd after compressing them to dvd5 format.
There are numerous utilities that will compress and burn the videofiles to fit on a single layer disc.

How do I burn these files if I am using roxio… or do I need to use another burner

I suggest ImgBurn (free) or Nero. Earlier versions of Nero can be used from within DVDShrink. The IFO and BUP files contain information about the VOB files and DVD structure that the DVD player will need, so do not delete them.

Is there anything I can use with the vob files that
I have in my video_ts folder to burn them to a dvd

thank you

[quote=kenshireen;2159409]Is there anything I can use with the vob files that

thank you[/quote]

Not sure what you are asking here!:confused: You need to copy all the files in the video_ts folder.

[quote=kenshireen;2159409]Is there anything I can use with the vob files that

thank you[/quote] A software burning program would help.:bigsmile: Download DVD Fab Platniums free trial and burn them. If you like the program buy it. Its that simple.