5.1.1.0 & Wall-E = no go

I tried to do a full-disc copy of WALL-E , and it failed Task 1 with “error 401” at the end of the analyzing phase.

It also shows that it’s 61265mb. I also tried this with DVDFab 5.0.7.5, and I got the same result.

The disc appears to play fine in both a standalone player and on my PC.

What should I do?

I was able to copy it with no problems with version 5.1.1.0 full disc Region 1. Maybe you might have a bad disc…

why don’t you give 5.1.1.5 beta a try

Full disc using DVDFab Plat ver 5.1.1.0 no problem here.

[QUOTE=jsimmons3;2160460]I tried to do a full-disc copy of WALL-E , and it failed Task 1 with “error 401” at the end of the analyzing phase.

It also shows that it’s 61265mb. I also tried this with DVDFab 5.0.7.5, and I got the same result.

The disc appears to play fine in both a standalone player and on my PC.

What should I do?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there’s something going on with this R1 disc alright, at least for a number of users.

I’m able to reproduce your error with 5.1.1.5 with PathPlayer disabled…exactly.

Hopefully, you should be all set if you tick [B]Always enable PathPlayer[/B] as this works for me (assuming you have it disabled).

You may be interested in taking a look at this thread:
DVDFab 5.1.1.5 Beta Can not Clone WALL E

Although the OP’s problem is related to using a clone image in Write Data mode…there’s quite a bit of valuable info in this thread.

I have been able to copy this disc in every mode so far with the exception of Write Data when using the clone image as Source.
I’m in the process of doing Full Disc right now and I’ll look at the output files in a few minutes.

An FYI, I did send the .IFO files to Fengtao

Yeah, the output files were fine with Platinum 5.1.1.5, Full Disc with PP enabled…7.25 GB.
Played with VLC, no problem.

Region 1, DVDFab Plat 5.1.1.0, XP Pro, source SH-S203N, another SH-S203N as burner.

Used Clone Mode to Verbatim DL9, ImgBurn 2.4.2.0 chosen as burning engine, PathPlayer enabled; all appeared OK, no errors or alerts. Both original source disk and cloned disk had same byte count.

But upon replay both by PC and standalones, playback aborts right after the opening studio ad sequence. Restart disk and go direct to top menu works if you do it during the opening sequence. From there you can start the feature; haven’t tired the entire movie yet so don’t know if it can finish. Can navigate to the episode index and choose different parts ok. But under special features, some choices appear to be ignored; nothing happens when they are chosen. Some if chosen play ok, then abort the playback when finished while attempting to return to the previous menu.

Seems like a pathing issue is created on the cloned disk.

Will attempt a Full Disk Mode to a DL9 and see what happens.

Well, I decided to give it one more shot, and turned pathplayer to always on. It appears to be copying fine at the moment. If you don’t hear anything else on this, you can assume everything went okay.

I had a problem with Wall-E also. It said the size was something like 62 G.B., and i was like what the heck? Did i get a BR by mistake? Hahahh…

In the main movie mode there was like a zillion angles of wall-E. I though if I scanned in the #1 angle it would work, but the output files were not right.

I then saw how you guys were saying that path player fixes the problem. So i tried it, and you were right. After enabling path player everything was great. I then shrunk it with DVD Shrink and i was set to go. I cant believe i forgot to try the path player, boy i feel stupid.

Follow up to previous post:

Backed up OK using Full Disc mode to Verb DL9, no compression. Pathplayer always on enabled. Playback abort issues encountered with Clone fixed. All appears ok.

My back up burned with no problem, but it would not play on the DVD player. It gets stuck in loading mode.

I could rip the full-disc and movie-only using Platinum v5110, but I couldn’t burn either using ImgBurn as the burn engine - my machine would freeze and I’d have to hard boot, and chkdsk wanted to clean up a couple times. I changed the burn engine to Nero and bam!