5.0.9.0 Vista Issues Post here

ok so vista users are having issues, this is the place to put all your issues in one thread.

Post them all here.

1. registration kills the application

i noticed that unlike 5.0.5.0, 5.0.9.0 doesnt create and install configuration such as under username log directories etc. And as such i think maybe causing the issues. This is the same for any version after 5.0.5.0This has been verified with 5.0.8.0, 5.0.7.5 with complete cleans / installs.

Note am using Vista x64 Ultimate.

[quote=audiophile_au;2130193]ok so vista users are having issues, this is the place to put all your issues in one thread.

Post them all here.

1. registration kills the application

i noticed that unlike 5.0.5.0, 5.0.9.0 doesnt create and install configuration such as under username log directories etc. And as such i think maybe causing the issues. This is the same for any version after 5.0.5.0This has been verified with 5.0.8.0, 5.0.7.5 with complete cleans / installs.

Note am using Vista x64 Ultimate.[/quote]
Really…I am running Vista and do not have this issue :disagree:
you sure it is not due to system configuration :confused: you do know that with the Ultimate version of Vista you can make changes in local security policies :wink:
it is the Vista Ultimate x32

5.0.5.0 runs perfectly… when i do clean uninstall and install the versions above they dont work… and then as a test i install 5.0.5.0 over them.

5.0.5.0 works fine. Yes i think it is vista x64 issue…

i have UAC off… how will using system policy fix this… From what i have troubleshot they all work until you “register them”.

The later versions do no set up the file structure the same.

audiophile_au

I have the same problem…

Running Vista x64 Bus & Ultimate.

Runs fine till you go to register then BAM !!!

So don’t feel like the LONE RANGER.

Later Dave

[quote=audiophile_au;2130373]5.0.5.0 runs perfectly… when i do clean uninstall and install the versions above they dont work… and then as a test i install 5.0.5.0 over them.

5.0.5.0 works fine. Yes i think it is vista x64 issue…

i have UAC off… how will using system policy fix this… From what i have troubleshot they all work until you “register them”.

The later versions do no set up the file structure the same.[/quote]
Turning off UAC within User accounts only stops the popup asking for your ok, within “Administrative Tools”–>“Local Security Policy”–> “Security Options” there are 10 settings for the UAC which can be changed without turning it off completely :smiley:
There are also other setting in that area that can increase your control over the system :wink: remember you are the BOSS not Vista :bigsmile:
Have a nice day :flower:

this is the specific folders that are not created with any installer after 5.0.5.0 on vista x64, assume my username i use is audiophile:

c:\users\audiophile\documents\dvdfab folder is not created
c:\users\audiophile\documents\dvdfab\log is not created
c:\users\audiophile\documents\dvdfab emp is not created

they are created with 5.0.5.0 which actually works, so something leads me to believe something might have been overlooked.

I doubt it is just me, as a few others have this issue with x64. I am just trying to help resolve the issue and posting the differences between a working version and non working version.

Guys out there with x64 see if you get the same result with 5.0.8.0 and 5.0.7.5 and let me know your results.

I verified I am having the same issue as audiophile_au with 5.0.9.0. and 5.0.9.5 beta on Vista 64. I don’t have copies of the older versions to test.

Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit, I’m having problem when I tried to rip DVD to zune. The file came out stutter and pixelated. I even tried 2 passes conversion setting with the same result. I have tried with both version 5.0.9.0 and the beta version 5.0.9.5 with no luck, anyone know a fix for this?

Happy to report the issue seems to have been resolved. After sending fengtao a short message about the issues x64 encountered, within a few days 5.0.9.8 beta has been patched.

Everything is now as it should and registered version upgrades or registering the product on x64 vista platform now works perfectly :slight_smile:

Thanks fengtao for the quick turn around and thanks Stormjumper for the assistance.

5.0.9.8 Beta seems to working just fine for me on Vista x64 as well. Thanks for all the hard work audiophile_au, Stormjumper and fengtao. I was going through new movie withdrawals on my ipod! :slight_smile:

You are welcome :slight_smile:

[quote=audiophile_au;2133528]Happy to report the issue seems to have been resolved. After sending fengtao a short message about the issues x64 encountered, within a few days 5.0.9.8 beta has been patched.

Everything is now as it should and registered version upgrades or registering the product on x64 vista platform now works perfectly :slight_smile:

Thanks fengtao for the quick turn around and thanks Stormjumper for the assistance.[/quote]
Glad that things worked out by sending a PM to Fengtao, had a feeling it would do the trick ;)…BTW anytime :smiley:

Nice post guys,
I found it helpful, as I haven’t used fab in a while, my x64 2008 server was at version 5.0.6.0
I went to uprgrade to 5.0.9.0 and got the same registration error

Awesome to see that 5.0.9.8 has resolved, Have downloaded it based on the info I read in this post. and will install tonight.