5.0.8.5: No BluRay Support?

vbimport

Not sure what this means ? Will DVDFab try to still decrypt/backup BluRays going forward ? I understand HDDVD since format is dead…but below sounds sad. :sad:

Does this means it still does work but not marketed/sold as such since not 100%…or that it does some of the preivous but no longer will attempt new BRD future efforts/development ?

* Please note: DVDFab doesn’t support HD-DVD and Blu-ray officially now, since it doesn’t work on some Blu-ray discs, which was just released or released by “20th Century Fox”. Please take this feature as free bonus, thanks for your understanding.

[quote=thekochs;2112181]Not sure what this means ? Will DVDFab try to still decrypt/backup BluRays going forward ? I understand HDDVD since format is dead…but below sounds sad. :sad:

Does this means it still does work [B]but not marketed/sold[/B] as such since not 100%…or that it does some of the preivous but no longer will attempt new BRD future efforts/development ?

[I]* Please note: DVDFab doesn’t support HD-DVD and Blu-ray officially now, since it doesn’t work on some Blu-ray discs, which was just released or released by “20th Century Fox”. Please take this feature as free bonus, thanks for your understanding.[/I][/quote]
The program is free, the author told you exactly what it doesn’t do. Whats happens in the future , well your guess is as good as anyones elses. But this is a free program, I think the author should be applauded for offering a program to people to decrypt regular movies. Read this thread
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-hd-decrypter-will-again-support-blu-ray-disc-very-soon-250512/

[QUOTE=alan1476;2112182]The program is free, the author told you exactly what it doesn’t do. Whats happens in the future , well your guess is as good as anyones elses. But this is a free program, I think the author should be applauded for offering a program to people to decrypt regular movies. Read this thread
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-hd-decrypter-will-again-support-blu-ray-disc-very-soon-250512/[/QUOTE]

I completely agree…I did not mean to imply that he was not doing something that was “expected”. DVDFab is above and beyond for sure…I’ve been a long time fan !! I was just trying to understand if the intent was to keep trying to support BluRay but based on changes could not be marketed (promised) as such or if current support was the last effort. Thanks for the link…helpful…but not sure I’m truly clear on it or not…thread is kinda unclear. I re-looked at the release notes and saw the line above the one I started with in the thread. I guess this means he added the public keys found but those are only good for June and prior ?

[I]* New: Updated HD Decrypter to support AACS V4 and V7, which exist on HD-DVD and Blu-ray released before June, 2008.

• Please note: DVDFab doesn’t support HD-DVD and Blu-ray officially now, since it doesn’t work on some Blu-ray discs, which was just released or released by “20th Century Fox”. Please take this feature as free bonus, thanks for your understanding.[/I]

yeah i think Fengtao is doing his best plus saving face.

I’m glad he added this:

• Please note: DVDFab [B]doesn’t[/B] support HD-DVD and Blu-ray officially now, since it doesn’t work on some Blu-ray discs, which was just released or released by “20th Century Fox”. Please take this feature as free bonus, thanks for your understanding.

I got tired of all the people asking why doesn’t it work :\

yes Bob, and i believe the free stuff page is to be edited to reflect the new support status of HD Decrypter. but it seems that this has not happened yet.
http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

It also comes with full HD-DVD and Blu-ray support (Removes AACS).

maybe he just forgot. :slight_smile:

I guess I’m in the dark since I’ve never decrypted a BluRay disk. Was DVDFab getting 90%…and not 10% of the disks or vica versa ?

Also, as one of the above posts eluded who knows what the future will bring but is the intent to keep the BluRay effort going (in other words more keys/etc. added) only with the caveat it may not work all the time ?..or is what is included in 5.0.8.5 the last effort.

I ask because I know that standard DVDs were a thing in progress…[B][I]always[/I][/B]…kinda like firmware updates to these players are always having to get updates for tweeks/etc.