:o Yes, well, uhm…
I sorta got the codes wrong that first time. (see attached.)
It should have read “Error=4(504 4 Encode_video1832960 200).”
The last time this happened (10 minutes ago), I had not gone back to fix anything, but had changed filenames, resolution and bit depth. After generating the error, I closed DVDFab, reopened and tried again. No go. Then I closed, deleted the “generic” folder where the divx file was to be created, restarted DVDFab and it’s purring along gently converting the DVD as I type this.
I know I can’t imply that deleting the generic folder was the answer, since so many thyings are going on in the background in Vista it’s difficult to tell what causes what. If I’m the only one who has had this problem, I don’t really expect an answer. Hope the update cures it though.
Thanks for your interest.