5.0.5.0 bug

vbimport

U was having a problem where DVDs were failing to backup and being shown as Data DVDs in DVDFab after it finished writing, or dirty/bad discs in my DVD player. I think I narrowed the problem down to the Power Options not being suspended during copy. While it disables the screen saver, if you have Windows set to turn off the monitor, hard drive, or suspend DVDFab does not disable those features…and it should…

Using Windows XP Pro, DVDFab 5.0.5.0 experienced this problem on multiple DVDs that copied fine after I turned all power options off…

While it disables the screen saver, if you have Windows set to turn off the monitor, hard drive, or suspend DVDFab does not disable those features…and it should…

thank you for this information. :slight_smile:

since my power options are set to always on, i would not have noticed. this is a good Feature Request. such as ‘Please have DVDFab disable turn off the monitor, hard drive, or suspend while running.’ :iagree: [now that i think of it, i may have already read something similar. even if this feature has been requested before, please submit the Feature Request]

dvdfab to mobile options could take several hours. in which case, the disable turn off monitor, disable turn off hard drive, or suspend feature would be a completely relevant feature.

…dirty/bad discs in my DVD player. I think I narrowed the problem down to the Power Options not being suspended during copy…

dvdfab to dvd options [other than, split or customize split] should take[I] no longer[/I] than 40 mins. this would allow for a copy/compress time of 30 mins and 10 mins to burn. if you have your power options to active at a time greater than 40 mins, the power option suspension problem should go away.

now if your dvdfab copy/compress/burn elapse time is greater than 40 minutes we may be able to help you achieve faster processing times. :iagree:

to start please tell us which modes you use [full disc, main movie, split…] and please post a burn log.
my documents/ dvdfab/ log

Time is fine. I mostly use double layer clone, but my monitor is set to turn off after 15 minutes and my HD after 20…so this is why I am experiencing prroblems. I dont want to change those times, which is why I suggested DVDFab disable that while processing…

now that i think of it, i may have already read something similar. even if this feature has been requested before, please submit the Feature Request

here is a link to the feature request page.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/feature-requests-dvdfab-194325/