5.0.3.0 h.264 is kind of weird

vbimport

Check this out guys and tell if I am missing something? 5.0.3.0 is really not any faster on my quad core, so I looked at the performance tab on task manager and it looks like an EKG, the CPU usage goes from 96% as shown to Ø%. Is this something I can fix?

yeah been doing that to me with my C2D …that’s as good as you get.

I was afraid that is what I would hear Bob. One of the competitors program will shoot all four cores to the top and stick them there, fast as greased lightning. They use Mencoder, isn’t that what Fab uses? If so I wonder what the difference is?

I don’t remember what Ting change to with v5.

At one time i got 100% CPU usage and had 150+ fps but i have no idea what happened

[QUOTE=Bob;2072424]I don’t remember what Ting change to with v5.

At one time i got 100% CPU usage and had 150+ fps but i have no idea what happened[/QUOTE]

Yeah I remember those days, oh well I’ll wait, I got faith in ole Ting he’ll git’er done!

[QUOTE=90312;2072415]…it looks like an EKG…[/QUOTE]
Yeah, extremely coarse V Fib…or V tach with a very hairy chest and lousy lead contact…:stuck_out_tongue:
Sorry about that…I’m plugging along with my old P4 3.0 GHz and still getting about 55fps for Ipod H.264 config …not too bad for the old beast

yeah Tom basically all we are getting is about (me half of both cores) and 90312 ( one quarter of 4 cores).

[QUOTE=maineman;2072450]Yeah, extremely coarse V Fib…or V tach with a very hairy chest and lousy lead contact…:stuck_out_tongue:
Sorry about that…I’m plugging along with my old P4 3.0 GHz and still getting about 55fps for Ipod H.264 config …not too bad for the old beast[/QUOTE]

I’m not getting much more than that on the first pass and less on the second, it slows down a lot on the second pass. And I’m glad my EKG don’t look like that, maybe I was thinking of an EEG you think?

I’m getting about 50 fps with H.264+MP3 at 480x270 and 900-1200 Mbps bitrate (0.4 b/p). This is about 10% faster than with the earlier v5 (the first one with the memory settings).

Just so you know signals this is what I’m getting with 5.0.3.0, I overlaid the CPU activity. Believe me I’ve seen it very close to 200 fps on this machine.

[QUOTE=Bob;2072453]yeah Tom basically all we are getting is about (me half of both cores) and 90312 ( one quarter of 4 cores).[/QUOTE]

So I’m guessing everyone has tried various memory settings…including max and not really getting much above 50 fps…?
I’m getting pretty similar speeds with every setting except low…at this setting the speed drops way off.

[QUOTE=90312;2072458] And I’m glad my EKG don’t look like that, maybe I was thinking of an EEG you think?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I’m not up to speed on reading an EEG, but I’m thinking that looks about right, say if you were watching a nude scene with Jessica Alba…:stuck_out_tongue: (feel free to insert name of hot chick of choice).

Just as a point of comparison, this is the other h.264 encoding program I spoke of. This one will blow through a 2 hour movie in about 20 mins.

Version 4.1.2.0 keeps the CPU busier but is only about 2-3% faster than 5.0.3.0 (see attached). There was an earlier version that was MUCH faster but I can’t bring myself to do all the uninstall/reinstall to find it.