5.0.1.5 to 5.0.2.0 Error on check for new version

vbimport

Hi Guys,

This may be fixed now but will report this as an issue.

I had the Beta 5.0.1.5 installed and working fine — when I loaded this vers DVDFab Platinum yday — it did a check for new version (found 5.0.2.0) and then tried to download (I think) — but I go the product registration screen and then told me there was an error to “continue” or “Exit”.

If I tried to continue it just looped in the registration form and had to exit in the end.

As a soloution I manaually downloaded 5.0.2.0 and installed over the top of the Beta and things where fine again but thought I’d let you know.

Best,

Asbac

In my opinion, it’s best to take out the check mark in the box to check for newer versions. It’s best to download and save the new update to your hard drive and install it over the version you have. The new updates will be posted on this forum.

I kind of agree in one sense but it’s pointless to have this feature built into the software otherwise ?

If the check for new version is there and people relie upon it – then it should work.

Cheers

Asbac

[quote=Asbac;2056692]I kind of agree in one sense but it’s pointless to have this feature built into the software otherwise ?

If the check for new version is there and people relie upon it – then it should work.

Cheers

Asbac[/quote]
All software is a work in progress, bugs will be found in any program. They are reported and fixed, thats the way the software business works, thats the reason for updates and upgrades.

Agree and my principle point for opening this thread was to report the issue.