4x's drive only burns at 2x's (after flash)

vbimport

I was only getting a 1x’s burn rate on my LWD-411S, so I flashed it with the latest driver from the liteonit.com site, and now I’m getting 2x’s burn in Nero 6.

However, the drive is supposed to burn dvd’s at 4x’s. What gives? Nero will only let me go as high as 2x’s.

I’m using FUJIFILM 8x’s DVD-R discs.

Check to see if DMA got disabled.

I have the same situation with my Lite-On LDW 411s fw: FS0K with Maxell 8x DVD-R - MXL RG03 (Made in Japan). Discs are rated at 1x-2x-4x-8x yet will only burn at 2x. DMA is enabled, drive is master on secondary IDE channel w/80 conductor cable. Nero CD-DVD Speed says that is the speed “with this recorder”. The burns I have done have been of good quality and play in my Toshiba and Magnavox DVD players. Hopefully Lite-On will correct this in another firmware upgrade…though as time goes by that may not happen…maybe time to buy a new drive… :wink:

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000Pro-G
CPU: Intel P4 3.0E
Memory: Crucial 512 MB x2
Graphics: eVga 5700LE 256 MB
Hardrive: Seagate 40 GB
CD-Burner: Sony CD-RW CRX 215E
DVD-Burner: Lite-On DVDRW LDW-411s
Network: D-Link DWL-G510 Wireless & DI-524 Router

FUJIFILM03 is not supported by any x11 firmware. You can replace an unused media code in the firmware with the tool in my signature by the code you need and replace the writing strategy with omnipatcher. This process will void your warranty. Check the strategy changing thread for matching strategies.