4x scanning no longer working on dual layers

vbimport

Weird problem I’m having at the moment. Up until recently, scanning dual layer burns at 4x with Nero DiscSpeed was fine but since yesterday the scan stops at the layer break. There is no error message or anything but the program just stays at 51% of the scan.

If I scan at 8x or higher the discs scan fine and a transfer rate test is also fine.

What is the reason for the failing 4x scans? :confused:

Also another problem is occuring. When I start a scan at 8x in DiscSpeed there ONE huge PIF spike at the start of the disc (single line) higher than 40 which also didn’t occur before with these discs and doesn’t occur at 4x.

I also tried scanning at 8x in DVDInfoPro and don’t have the PIF spike or the 4x layer break problem.

Is DVDInfoPro also as good as DiscSpeed for accurate scan results?

[QUOTE=Eiji;2103063]Weird problem I’m having at the moment. Up until recently, scanning dual layer burns at 4x with Nero DiscSpeed was fine but since yesterday the scan stops at the layer break. There is no error message or anything but the program just stays at 51% of the scan.

If I scan at 8x or higher the discs scan fine and a transfer rate test is also fine.

What is the reason for the failing 4x scans? :confused:

Also another problem is occuring. When I start a scan at 8x in DiscSpeed there ONE huge PIF spike at the start of the disc (single line) higher than 40 which also didn’t occur before with these discs and doesn’t occur at 4x.

I also tried scanning at 8x in DVDInfoPro and don’t have the PIF spike or the 4x layer break problem.

Is DVDInfoPro also as good as DiscSpeed for accurate scan results?[/QUOTE]

I have always had this problem on liteys scanning @ 4x on DL stops @ 51% no error message but I can scan on whatever on my benQ or at ant other speed on my litey except @ 4x. If you find a fix let me know.