Manufacturer: FMI
Mfg Part #: 100608
Product Number: 316430

Was: $69.99
$19.99 (71% Off)
SAVE $50 after:
$50.00 instant savings

There’s only one way to find out.

I just found out they are ‘re-branded’ Princo made disc. Its a good deal then, at $0.19 each

I would avoid princo in the US. Quality is very inconsistant and can be very low. You will wind up paying the same as good media when you take into account wasted disks. They have also been known to fade fast and become unreadable. If you must buy cheap media and want it locally, go to circuit city and get some esa +r. They are suposed to to cmcmage01 and are on sale for 7$ per 25 this week. Also the cmc are 8x and the princos are 4x.

Didn’t we discuss the media code of this one before? I remember someone reported Informe R20 (or something), which turned out to be acceptable at this price.

But still, I didn’t give much though of it at CompUSA after I found the TDK -R MIJ at less than twice this price.

There are 2 kinds of +R at CUSA. Plain Silver topped are Infome and are pretty good for the price and burn fine at 8x - look for some scans. The one’s with CompUSA printed on the top are AML (I think) and the best you can say is their quality is consistant - they are all pre-coastered :slight_smile:

Nice new word, “pre-coastered”. :slight_smile:

I had about 150 AML which were sold as… SkyPro, I think. (Don’t they have any respect to the word “pro”?)

Being a coaster is acceptable. But the worst part of the story is… after a year of its burn, they don’t spin smoothly in my reader! I guess its weight balance is broken in some way. I can feel the mechanical vibration of my reader when it reads the AML disc. But I had to read all of them just to save the diminishing data.

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:INFOME-R20-000]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [Not Available]
Manufacturer Name : [Infomedia Inc.]
Manufacturer ID : [INFOME]
Media Type ID : [R20]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4,482.6MB = 4.38GB (4.70GB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x , 2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x]

[ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

I seem to remember that discussion about the compusa media. I haven’t tired any of the infomedia yet. Personally I think I would still rather pay 28$ for cmcmage01 8x vs 20$ for infomedia 4x but then again, who knows, I just recently bought a bunch of 4x ritek (for about 17$ per 100 with jewel cases). It’s a great price if the media is decent.

These should burn at 8X without problems (/w modified firmware, of course).

I took a chance a got 200 of them, they do burn fine at 8X on my
NEC 3500 w/ hacked firmware.

TT

AML’s burn ok on the NEC ND2500A, I got 100 of them sometime back when they were rebranded as Supermediastore media. Never had a single coaster and all played back perfectly. So if you still have a ND2500A around there is no need to fear AML media at that price. :slight_smile:

There is if they all fail on you within a year or two. I for one won’t touch any media with the compusa label since you never know what you are going to get. That and when you can get a 100 pack of TY Value line 4x media for just over $30, why bother with this kind of crap?

Nothing lasts forever. Yes, that also mean TYs (sooner or later they too will fail).

DevHead,

that is true, but good media may last many times longer than cheaper, non-quality discs. :iagree:

As mentioned by isadore2 that is correct but given the marginal price differential , it seems to me that it would be a no brainer to go for the media that is known for it’s high compatibility and quality versus saving $10 just to get questionable media. :wink: