Total Size 4.38GB(4.71GB)
Book Type DVD-R
Media type V2.2 DVD-R
Media Id Code Speed 4.0x 5540KBs
Current Drive Speed 2.0x 2770KBs
Default Rotation Control CLV
Linear Density 0.267um/bit
No of Layers 1

Smartburn of my LDW-811s does not recognize this media and only 2x burning is enabled.

Any experiences with these TDK media?

Junk!!! I purchased 4 - 10 packs @ Staples a week ago it was a 2 day sale $7.98 per 10 pack with/case. try to back up two movies only to find have way in to movie frezzing up. took them back for a refund as they did not sell what i wanted. i should have known they would be junk!!! I only use Maxell & FugiFilm DVD-R they Never give me any trouble. Take them back and get your money. i retured all back even the back ups they did not want to but they did:cool:

Originally posted by easy-going-man
[B]Smartburn of my LDW-811s does not recognize this media and only 2x burning is enabled.

Any experiences with these TDK media? [/B]

These TTG01 discs are made in Japan, high quality discs, so the problem is definitely the Lite-On’s firmware. Try updating to the latest version of the firmware.

Already tried HS0P - the latest firmware. But still not recognized…

Originally posted by synergy3618
These TTG01 discs are made in Japan, high quality discs, so the problem is definitely the Lite-On’s firmware. Try updating to the latest version of the firmware.

I don’t think the poster stated WHERE the discs were made. TDK uses many suppliers of media.

According to the jewel case, mine are made in Taiwan.

Looks like I’ll be returning my TDK’s :frowning: Does anyone know of a “safe list” for the Liteon 811s until/if Liteon releases a firmware update for compatibility?

Jason

If you need DVD-R, Maxell made in Japan, and TY are pretty safe bets.