4x burn time is the same as 2x

vbimport

On my Sony Burner (DRU-500A),the 4x media burns at the same elapsed time as
2x media,what gives? My firmware is ‘g’… This occurs when using Nero…

I have the same problem…

Useing Pioneer A05 burning at 4X but burn time is the same as 2X…

I have used two different program… Nero and RecordNow Max

Anybody has any input to this??

i have exactly the same problem

22min for 4X burn is not normal

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=404794#post404794

Nope, not the DVD-ROM reader problem…

I am buring directly from my HD, Maxtor 120GB 8MB ATA133…

Although I have same problem using my Lite on 163D … and seems this drive is dying on me… maybe I will get a 165H …

Does anyone has any idea how can your 4x burn time the same as 2x burn time??

Yes i did,

The trick stays on the forrum i forgotten where

but you must the dru500 connect on a ata100 (80 wires)
cabel and set the drive to SLAVE

if you use a 40 wire cabel then only you can write 2x on a 4x
dvd-r

it works for me… try it

doppie:)

Your instruction is very strange,Doppie,since nowhere in the manual for the Sony did it say it had to be connected in any specific way to realize a certain result,and thru all the responses I’ve read on this website,NONE said anything about what you are suggesting… NONE I need a solid confirmation on this

And to Celeron,I want to burn 4x at just that,so I can justify the
extra $ with shorter burn completion. Using 4x at 2x makes no sense…

Ruffrob

I konw what you mean… I have been searching for an answer too…

I have purchased 25 disc of 4X medias… <-- expensvie…

I would like to konw what went wrong here… and why am I spening the money and not getting what I deserve??

Hi,

it is true i have a sony dru500ax with the latest firmware
and i had the same problem i used a 4x dvd-r and burned
the dvd with nero time was ±25min.

i changed the ide cable to ata100 (80 wire)
and the same dvd to copy and the time was 15 min

read this

have DRU500AX firmware 2.0c, it has the same problems!
Ritek g4’s seem to work on some Sony drives but not others.
Reading a large number of posts, many say that setting the drive to a slave drive, using a udma100 ide cable, and writing to the Sony +RW disc before writing to Ritek 4x seems to work.

and i have made a fault look and search on this board

http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=9390&highlight=2x+4x+dvdr

:slight_smile: doppie:)

my burn times on my P-A05

4x = 15m
2x = 31m
1x = 58m

Excuse me,Deaves,but to what point does your post serve? I’m a person looking for some help,and your post reeks of sarcasm. In case you don’t know (and it’s pretty obvious you don’t) ,this forum is for questions,and HELPFUL answers to those questions. That said,your times for your Pioneer Drive are not needed for two reasons,1) they’re widely known among the majority of the people here,and 2) they DON"T answer my question. So,if you don’t have anything constructive or helpful to add when someone like myself is asking a question,
please refrain from posting.I’m no farther
along than I was before your post…:frowning:

To Doppie,I was talking your post over with my brother (who knows a Hell of a lot more than me on these subjects),and he suggests trying out what you said. So thanks for the advice,and I’ll get back to you
with the results,thanks for the alternate
view…

Ruffrob,

(i’ll refrain from insults)…

I posted my message as an example of someone that is getting 4x burning at 15minutes… A lot of newbies around here don’t know that 4x should complete a 4.3gb burn in 15 minutes. I was just stating what they SHOULD be for the newbies reading the post.

Tthe first 2 replies were from people that said they also think their burner is burning too slow at 4x. My post was to let the readers know that their people (and yours) is not universal.

Please don’t think that the world revolves around you. My post was not to help you, but to help everyone else know that no everyone is having the same problem as you.

(you’ve been added to my ignore list)

cheers,
deaves

16 hours later of frustation of trying this and that and this and that and this and that.

The only way I could burn my 4X Ritek G04s on my sony dru500ax was to downgrade my firmware from 2.0e to 1.0d and voila sweet heaven. Since then I’ve done about 50 at 4x.
get firmware from sonydru500a.com

Why would you say you’ll refrain from insults,is that what you really wanted to do. i did’nt attempt to insult you. All I’m saying is that why post someting in a thread that requires an answer to a problem when you’re not providing that
answer? If those newbies wanted an answer to their problems,they’d ask just
like i’m doing. I get no satisfaction from checking back to this thread (like some of the newbies you pointed out would),and not getting an answer to my question.I mean who are you helping,which is the primary reason forums like this exist.

To Mr Bass,thank you,this is the type of help i’m looking for!!!

To Mr.Bass,your help proved extremely fruitful,due to your advice,re-implementing version 1.0d was
what i needed. My burn time is 19:32 as opposed to the latest upgrade 2.0e which took 32:10,a shade over 33% less
time required. You see,Deaves,REAL HELP
instead a reply that should have been rejected before you wrote it. Oh,and I read your post,lt seems as though you don’t proofread

Please don’t think that the world revolves around you. My post was not to help you, but to help everyone else know that no everyone is having the same problem as you.
.What the Hell is ‘no everyone’??? Did you go to the Ricky Ricardo School of English??? No,the world
doesn’t revolve around me,it revolves around people who are in tune with what they read,and people who are just plain out…
My bad,cause if you don’t read,you can’t be expected to proofread…You’ve been added to my illiterate list…
Thanks again,Mr. Bass,and to Doppie,thanks for trying to help me…:bigsmile:

Originally posted by mrbass
[B]16 hours later of frustation of trying this and that and this and that and this and that.

The only way I could burn my 4X Ritek G04s on my sony dru500ax was to downgrade my firmware from 2.0e to 1.0d and voila sweet heaven. Since then I’ve done about 50 at 4x.
get firmware from sonydru500a.com [/B]

I was planning this today as well, are there any downsides in doing this ?

Hi to all

I don,t understand it either why it works on a ata100 cabel
at 4x speed and on a ata33 2x speed
15min 30min

I have yesterday done the same trick by 2 friends and
it works fine.

i would say tryed.

:cool: doppie:bow:

Cool,Doppie,whatever works for you…:bow: :bow: :bow:

Chaps,

Don’t know if anyone still having problems with this 4× writer not burning at 4× even when 4× media in drive, but this is a fix that I received from a guy at SVP (http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/)

I quote:

“Please go into ‘Device Manager’ and double click on the IDE that the 105/A05 is on. This needs to be set to DMA mode and not PIO mode, so it is just something to check.”

This sorted my DVR-A05 out and 15 mins is all it takes to burn a disk!

It peaked at 4.1× using the ShowSingleRecorderSpeed and change the HEX from 0 to 1 procedure.

(Cheers Matt)

Hope this helps.

Regards

The Chuff

PS I am using {DV 352 ICE Branded 4X DVD-R} disks, no problems as of yet with the Pioneer unit.

:smiley: