4th generation iPAD

vbimport

Hubby bought a new car yesterday, and a 4th generation iPAD 16GB WiFi came as a free gift.

Now, i’m no fan of Apple, or how they operate a closed system, but it was free, hubby didn’t want it, so he gave it to me.

While I don’t like the way Apple operate, I have to admit that the 4th gen iPAD is quite something else in regards to how it looks and performs.

I could certainly use a tablet around the house, but an iPAD certainly wasn’t on my shopping list. I would probably have preferred the forthcoming Nexus 10. However, having spent a few hours getting to know the iPAD, I can see why Apple fans are so proud of this device. The screen is gorgeous, it’s lightning fast, and the apps, I have to admit, leave Android apps in the dust.

The question is.
Should I hold onto the iPAD and be a sellout, or sell the iPAD and perhaps get the Nexus 10?

I’d look at this from the practical side of things. If the iPad can do everything you need in a tablet, keep it. If there is something extra that one of the upcoming tablets can do for you, and it is a must have, sell the iPad and put the money towards the new one.

I’d have to have extended storage, so neither the Nexus nor the iPads appeal to me.

iPad? Sellout? Nahhh, that’s crazy. :wink:

If you really want a tablet, keep the iPad. It’s in your hands right now, and you know it works. The only bad thing? It’s simple…but you have a real computer, so it’s OK.

No one would blame you for spending the cash on some other fun toy… :smiley:

Hi :slight_smile:
Keep iPAD!
Well if by the time the Nexus 10 comes out.
You have become appletized.
Then keep it.
However the Nexus 10 should as quick at least…
Screen resolution better…
As the price should reasonable, you may find you can sell the iPad for the cost of a Nexus 10.

Hey …
Just had a thought…
How about the new “Surface”? …:doh:

If you like it — keep it, if not — sell it.
By the way, can it be jailbreaked?

[QUOTE=Dee;2662464]Hubby bought a new car yesterday, and a 4th generation iPAD 16GB WiFi came as a free gift.

Now, i’m no fan of Apple, or how they operate a closed system, but it was free, hubby didn’t want it, so he gave it to me.

While I don’t like the way Apple operate, I have to admit that the 4th gen iPAD is quite something else in regards to how it looks and performs.

I could certainly use a tablet around the house, but an iPAD certainly wasn’t on my shopping list. I would probably have preferred the forthcoming Nexus 10. However, having spent a few hours getting to know the iPAD, I can see why Apple fans are so proud of this device. The screen is gorgeous, it’s lightning fast, and the apps, I have to admit, leave Android apps in the dust.

The question is.
Should I hold onto the iPAD and be a sellout, or sell the iPAD and perhaps get the Nexus 10?[/QUOTE]

I say keep it.

Mr. Bill

OMG! Say it ain’t so?

The sharpest mind we have around here has an iPad :eek:

I hoped we would never see this day.

As Dee is faced with walking over to that buggy Wintel machine and making it behave, the “I just work” siren song of that iPad will lure her away from fighting the good fight with that cranky new Intel chipset, and we will be left to figure it out for ourselves :eek::sad:.

It was great while it lasted, Dee ;):bigsmile:

You will be sorely missed :(.

Well I have to admit I was very sceptical about iPads but the wife wanted one and got it a while ago.

I used it while we were in America and I have to admit I’m a bit of a convert now as this thing really comes into it’s own when you’re on holiday.

I still think they’re overpriced and not as useful as a similarly priced laptop but I can see the attraction now.

They’re great for showing photos, browsing the Internet, and I was really impressed with the audio quality as well.

I’m still not keen on Apple’s marketing tactics though.

I found the iPad to be more intuitive than other tablets I tested in stores and usability is an important factor to consider if you’re going to change.

Personally speaking I’d asy keep it but try out the competition first and see what you think.

[B]Wombler[/B]

keep the Ipad 4 Dee you will be happy you did the nexus is alright I had a 7inch and I sold it it was not what I was looking for .

It’s pretty pointless.

I still haven’t decided if I’ll keep the iPAD or not. It’s fun, and the screen, as I said above is awesome.
Actually, it’s learning new things like the IPAD that keeps my mind “sharp”. :slight_smile:

I hadn’t heard of “jailbreak” until it was mentioned here. I’ve read that iOS6 can be jailbreaked but it’s something I wont bother about. I’ve already found an app that allows easy transfer to and from the PC.

[QUOTE=Dee;2663014]I still haven’t decided if I’ll keep the iPAD or not. It’s fun, and the screen, as I said above is awesome.
Actually, it’s learning new things like the IPAD that keeps my mind “sharp”. :slight_smile:

I hadn’t heard of “jailbreak” until it was mentioned here. I’ve read that iOS6 can be jailbreaked but it’s something I wont bother about. I’ve already found an app that allows easy transfer to and from the PC.[/QUOTE]
You have to keep it, it was a gift from your husband, you might hurt his feelings.:wink:

I do have a question: what would you consider the shelf life of your current tablet to be, Dee? How long would it be before you replaced the iPad (should you keep it)?

[QUOTE=alan1476;2663036]You have to keep it, it was a gift from your husband, you might hurt his feelings.;)[/QUOTE]He’s a big boy, I’m sure he could handle it. if not, to bad for him. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Albert
No idea yet, as I’m still not exactly sure of all the things I’ll use the tablet for.
I certainly wouldn’t want anything larger.
It’s fine for web browsing. Great for watching movies (on the move). Viewing pictures is also really good.
Email is also no problem.

I guess as long as Apple keep supporting the device with IOS updates and new apps, then I guess there wont be a need to update.

The 4th gen is new, and comes with iOS6, but even the 2nd gen iPAD can update to iOS6.

Try ‘Where’s my water?’ and you won’t be able to put it down. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2663471]Try ‘Where’s my water?’ and you won’t be able to put it down. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]I take it you meant the Disney game?
Very cute. :bigsmile:

I’ve had 3 cheap Chinese tablets now and each one gets better and better.
My latest one is a Ainol Aurora 8 gig 7" IPS screened guy with a dual core and HDMI out, works great, screen is very high res and gorgeous, and it was fairly cheap.
I use t for e mail, light duty surfing these forums and quick replies. It also saved my bacon recently as we bought a house and I had no net access but my neighbor has open wi fi and I was able to get my critical e mails back and forth till all my stuff was here and installed again.
If it works for you keep it till something you like better comes along. My hair cut gal has a early one and it does look nice and everything works well, but I have the same issues with Apple you do. BUT free would make me put aside my issues and happily use one.:bigsmile:

OK more than 1 week of use, and I also had a chance to play with the Nexus 10 yesterday.
The Nexus 10 is really nice. The screen is also really nice, and although it has a slightly higher pixel per inch when compared to the iPAD, my personal tastes prefers the iPAD display.

Comparing the apps, then its no contest. The IPAD’s apps are way ahead, IMO.

So, I’ll be hanging onto the iPAD. :slight_smile:

The most important strength of Nexus 10 is its lower price, but it’s of little matter since you got it already for free. I had two iPads sometime in 2011. The first-generation iPad with 64GB memory I had is used by one of my brothers. The second-generation iPad with 16GB memor is used by Yoojin, my daughter. I haven’t paid anything for any app for iOS/Android/WM.

I also have a 4th Gen IPAD and have toyed with the Nexus 10 in the stores. Besides the price, I dont thnk the Nexus has anything better than the IPAD does , that I have a keyboard for the IPAD it makes it even better.:bigsmile: