4TB Samsung 850 EVO

vbimport

I just found this on Amazon LOL

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-850-EVO-2-5-Inch-MZ-75E4T0B/dp/B01G844OOO/?&tag=bom-tomshardware-20&ascsubtag=[site|thaus[cat|[art|[pid|B01G844OOO[tid|14682678276825936[bbc|LESPRIX

I’ll have 4 please, to put in my NAS. :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Dee;2777635]I’ll have 4 please, to put in my NAS. :p[/QUOTE]

Keep an eye out for the mailman. LOL.:flower:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2777637]Keep an eye out for the mailman. LOL.:flower:[/QUOTE]

Keep an eye out for the bank manager

If I bought 4 of those, it would the divorce lawyer I’d have to keep an eye out for.

I’m sure they would allow you to keep 2 as part of the settlement

Side question
When are you going to review these.
You could always misplace it or forget to return it

Once those beasties come down, that’ll definitely put HDDs the path of CRT monitors… :iagree:

As for capacity, it seems like there’s nothing stopping them releasing 50TB or possibly even 100TB SSDs if it’s not for NAND pricing, considering 200GB MicroSD cards are available and you can stack a few hundred in the footprint of an SSD. :wink:

[QUOTE=Seán;2777650]Once those beasties come down, that’ll definitely put HDDs the path of CRT monitors… :iagree:

As for capacity, it seems like there’s nothing stopping them releasing 50TB or possibly even 100TB SSDs if it’s not for NAND pricing, considering 200GB MicroSD cards are available and you can stack a few hundred in the footprint of an SSD. ;)[/QUOTE]
Not unless those come to same price as 8tb HDD otherwise that is a dream for the rest of us. If memory serves me right they will milk SSD before lowering the prices.

Where is the logic here? 1 TB costs 304.69, 4 TB 1’499.99? I’ve always thought that the per GB price drops with bigger drives? Not really a good deal in my eyes.

[QUOTE=altae;2779147]Where is the logic here? 1 TB costs 304.69, 4 TB 1’499.99? I’ve always thought that the per GB price drops with bigger drives? Not really a good deal in my eyes.[/QUOTE]
It’s called price gouging they could make SSD less but would they… probably not. They are going to milk it for every penny.

And once more the problem are those people who pay such prices. Without them the manufacturers would have to adjust their prices because nobody would buy their products.

[QUOTE=altae;2779147]Where is the logic here? 1 TB costs 304.69, 4 TB 1’499.99? I’ve always thought that the per GB price drops with bigger drives? Not really a good deal in my eyes.[/QUOTE] Bleeding edge hardware has always been a little more expensive then normal hardware, and this includes the very highest capacity harddrives, solid state drives, flash drives etc.