4M any good?

vbimport

Guys, I would appreciate any info on the subject of media from Multi Media Masters & Machinery.

It's one of the few that can be bought from a very low price where I live (that would be Sao Paulo, Brazil) and I usually burn tons of CDs.

Since I don't know a way to actually test the damn things, I wonder if you've got any past experiences/measurement data to share.

These are the CDR Identifier lines I get from them. They're 16x.

ATIP: 97m 28s 22f

Disc Manufacturer: Multi Media Masters Machinery SA

Recording layer: Dye (Long strategy; e.g. Cyanine, Azo etc.)

Media type: CD-Recordable

nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f / LBA: 359849)

Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max unknown

TIA! :slight_smile:

MMM&M only makes the equipment to manufacture CD-R discs. When the machinery is sold I think it’s shipped preconfigured to give the MMM&M ATIP. Several manufacturers use their machinery, some reprogram the machinery to get the right ATIP shown(Example: moser baer india).

So MMM&M may be everything from Crap to okay/good quality since the amchinery is sold to various different factories.

I’ve never seen any MMM&M discs that have been very good/superb in quality.

And since your discs is cyanine I’ll guess that the quality is average/below average. But the phthalocyanine discs is normally better.

This spindle of MMM&M I bought is from Net Perfect. Someone in another thread said this brand is among the best in MMM&M.

Has anyone had any previous experience with Net Perfect?

Thanks for replying.

I have used two spindles of MMM&M discs, 16x certified pure silver bottom. All of the discs worked and burnt fine @ 16x, but anything higher just made them unreadable afterwards.

The Net Perfect discs I’ve used had this ATIP:

ATIP: 97m 28s 26f
Disc Manufacturer: Multi Media Masters & Machinery SA
Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f / LBA: 359849)

And these worked great. I do not know how well the cyanine ones work, but I’ve had a couple of discs with your ATIP going down on me after only a couple of minutes of sun exposure, but they were unbranded.

If you’re looking for cheap and good discs, (Maybe even cheaper than the Net Perfects) buy the Dr. Hank Light Blue discs, they’re Princo-manufactured, and work great. (Better coating than the noname Princos or Princos with Princo name in the inner hub, record @ 32x fine here.)