48X firmware

vbimport

I love to know when it is going to be ready to O/C my Lite-on 40125W:p

It’s on the way to OC

i’d like to overclock my 40125S. Is that looking promising?

Yes, very promising. My burns with the overclocked 40125S are within one second of the 48125W that I bought yesterday. The burn quality is almost as good (99.5% perfection).

You can download it here:

www.cae.wisc.edu/~sadkovic/VS01.zip

but be aware that it voids your warranty and CDFreaks, CDRLabs, Univ of Wisc. and myself will accept no responsibility if it scre##s up your drive! By downloading it you acknowledge that you understand the risks!

What’s the difference between the two drives? The 40125S and the 40125W?

‘S’ was originally introduced as a Z-CLV drive with P-CAV coming later (supposedly) with a fw upgrade. ‘W’ already uses P-CAV for the burns

runner1000000,

You mentioned that you had o/c your 40125S to 48X, where did you get the new firmware from??
:slight_smile:

runner1000000,

Are you saying that the 40125S can be upgraded to the 48125W without significant loss in writing quality?

BTW, how did you arrive at / measure the 99.5%?

Originally posted by sponger
[B]runner1000000,

You mentioned that you had o/c your 40125S to 48X, where did you get the new firmware from??
:slight_smile: [/B]

I extracted it from my new Lite-on 48x burner and sent it to Ian at CDRLabs and OC-Freak here. See my post above for one link. OC should have his up soon. Use at your own risk.

appreciate that, I was reading the posts too fast and I missed that. now, action time and see how it goes.:slight_smile:

Originally posted by sponger
appreciate that, I was reading the posts too fast and I missed that. now, action time and see how it goes.:slight_smile:

No, I was probably editing it as you read. You have to use mtkflash 1.48.

Originally posted by burnproof
[B]runner1000000,

Are you saying that the 40125S can be upgraded to the 48125W without significant loss in writing quality?

BTW, how did you arrive at / measure the 99.5%? [/B]

Yes, it works fine. I used scandisk. I also used CD Quality check and there were a total of 24 errors on the whole disk. The disk also read fine using CDSpeed.

Roger.:slight_smile:

Originally posted by runner1000000
[B]‘S’ was originally introduced as a Z-CLV drive with P-CAV coming later (supposedly) with a fw upgrade. ‘W’ already uses P-CAV for the burns

[/B]

Ok…thanx, I just ordered a 40125S and wanted to know the difference.

Okay, so whats the pro’s and cons of upgrading my 40215w to a 48??? Does it have mount ranier? does it affect burn quality? Does it still enable burn proofing??? This is my concern for OC’ing my drive… will there be limitations?? or will it work fully functional at 48x???

I just O/C my 40X burner to 48X. It works great, and I do not see any problem to burn CD at its full speed. It just take my Imation 32X CDR to a full speed of 48X, no problem whatsoever.

To give a rough idea of how faster it goes ffrom 40X to 48X.

I burned a 710M image file twice. The first time was at 40X ( before O/C ), it took 3:06

The second after the O/C at 48X, it took 2:51

Great!!:slight_smile:

I just tried burning a CDRW ( 10X ), I found that I could only go to 12X. It showed 12X was the maximum speed. the O/c burner should have 16X rewriting speed, mine has only 12X. maximum.

Is it the disc or what???:confused:

Nope, this burner have a max re-write speed of 12X.

A 16X is due to be released later and will have a new chipset, so it’s not possible to overclock and get 16X re-writing.

Thanks, OC:)

Thanks, runner1000000