48246S to 52246S experience

vbimport

I was OC my 48246S to 52246S and works fine.

First go to http://liteon.notrix.net/ and download litefirm2.exe to convert LiteOn exe firmware file into binary file.

Download mtkflash155.exe at same page.

Download latest firmware exe file from liteOn page for 52246S

Convert downloaded exe firmware file into bin file (in my case 6s0c.exe into 6s0c.bin) with litefirm2.exe.

Upgrade your 48246S with converted bin file using mtkflash155.exe. Reboot your system and that´s all.

Very easy, great results.

… And remember, SAY NOT TO THE WAR…

Greetings from Spain.

Miquel.

From an person who works in LiteOn’s factory, the motor contrl chip of 5224S is ROHM BD7905FS, which is designed for maxium 52x. But the chip of 48246S/48126S is BD7902FS, which is designed for maxium 50x.

Definitely, 48246S will run at 52x. But it is not desinged for reading or writing at that speed. So, be careful.

So I guess it is a bad idea to have the drive spin at 52x for hours, but writing a CD takes 2:30…

Originally posted by alexnoe
So I guess it is a bad idea to have the drive spin at 52x for hours, but writing a CD takes 2:30…

heh, funny you should mention this. Since both 48x and 52x use CAV instead of P-CAV (now, who wouldn’t want that), less than 15 - 20 sec of the write process is spent on max speed, so there’s really no danger in OCing your original 48x to 52x aside from media compatibility and write quality due to different f/w.

So I was watching TechTV (US show btw) today and this lady calls up and asks why the game CD shattered when her son put it in. Turns out she has a el cheapo 56x CD-ROM. But here’s the catch, the host was being all dramatic and told the caller the reason’s 'cause the CD-ROM is spinning the CD at an amazing 56x revolution per minute, and it’s possible that some CDs will shatter due to the force. I was like, OMFG! 56 revolution? Fire this guy. But then he saved his ass by suggesting the caller use some software that limits the speed of the optical drive (something similar to Nero Drive Speed).

the host may be right, i don’t know if cds are built to withstand the forces of spinning around nearly once per second. :bigsmile:

@Stoner: It’s the RPM which matters.

The discs spin faster than what the engine is designed for for about 2:30.

But that wouldn’t prevent me from doint this :smiley:

I hope you all got warranty. :slight_smile: :wink: :smiley:

Originally posted by AZImmortal
the host may be right, i don’t know if cds are built to withstand the forces of spinning around nearly once per second. :bigsmile:

Is that right?

falls off my chair laughing

I always thought that they spun at around 16K RPM=300RPS.

Hmm, just shows what all those technicians at sony who designed the original drives know, don’t it! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: