48246S questions

ok… got the drive…(48246s). installed it as the Master (with my Plex 1210a the slave). Used Nero to burn a few things and it says its going at 48x… but not a chance. took 7 minutes to burn an audio CD compilation. SO… have I messed up my initial connection?

Tried Feurio but can’t find a compatible driver in its list (latest 1.65 5b version).

Ok… got the DMA going. The Primary ide was enabled but not the Secondary…so enabled that one.

Anyway, What driver in Feurio works with this drive?
thanks…

Pent III 933/mhz
windows 2000 pro…
512 dram

You said it yourself, DMA is off.
Solution: Enable DMA.
And then read this. :smiley:

cr@p :Z :frowning: :frowning:

Graaaagh!
Airhead started to eat your brain, but was violently repelled by someone with a shotgun.

Airhead has eaten 76 other brains.

To start eating the brains of your friends and colleagues, enter your name here:-
FAQ?

just for fun :slight_smile:

If you want to enable DMA , download VIA 4 in 1 or Intel Application Accelerator …it will enable automatic for you :slight_smile:

Yeah I put that link there to fill things out a bit… :wink:
Downloading Intel Application Accelerator is not a good idea in many cases, it is known to cause more problems than it solves…

Originally posted by Airhead

Downloading Intel Application Accelerator is not a good idea in many cases, it is known to cause more problems than it solves…

I will second that. In Windows XP it automatically removes the advanced settings tab under the ide controller settings in the device manager.

On one occassion un-installing it resulted in no boot up and a complete re-installation of windows.

There may be speed benefits in having it, but I could not see any.

Anyway, What driver in Feurio works with this drive?
thanks…

I’m not sure that Feurio actually supports that drive at all yet.

Originally posted by Mender

I’m not sure that Feurio actually supports that drive at all yet.

You are right, it does not. I managed to get it to work so far by ignoring all the pop up messages and using the Generic Scsi3/ATAPI driver (Scsi3.dll).

Originally posted by Airhead
You said it yourself, DMA is off.
Solution: Enable DMA.
And then read this. :smiley:

NOT FUNNY!!!