48125W -> 52246S is it possible?

Hi

I can’t find any Liteon’s with the 6 chipset where I live, so I was wondering whether I can flash the 58125W into a 52246S.

Thanks

Originally posted by petspeed

I can’t find any Liteon’s with the 6 chipset where I live, so I was wondering whether I can flash the 48125W into a 52246S.

You might try doing it at your own risk.
My reckless body and soul movements to reach that golden goal the other day unfortunately left me empty-handed :frowning:

You can find more if you read about it clicking @16-10-2002 10:08

There’s no 58125W, but I understand you mean 48125W :slight_smile:
As for the question, I’ve not seen anyone around here that made their 48125W to 52246S. The 5-series is probably unable to do 24x CD-RW writing, but you never know…

[Edit]
Oh no I was too slow! :slight_smile:

If I recall correctly, then someone has already tried 48125W => 48126S, which resulted in a drive not detected by the BIOS. A bad flash recovery was necessary.
I don’t know either if Ultraspeed CD-RW writing is possible to add to drives which were not designed to do this via firmware upgrade.

48125W -> 52246S is it possible?

Yes its possible, sell the 48X burner and buy a 52X burner and feel like the king of the world because you are in a position to burn an 80 minute CD 15 seconds faster LOL.

Originally posted by I Have Piles

Yes its possible, sell the 48X burner and buy a 52X burner and feel like the king of the world because you are in a position to burn an 80 minute CD 15 seconds faster LOL.

This is in my view off topic, because the guy clearly said :

I can’t find any Liteon’s with the 6 chipset where I live

@petspeed

Try ITbutikken A/S out

Thank you BoSkin

I have contacted IT Butikken but they don’t have it in stock and they can’t get a confirmed date of delievery from their supplier. They keep pushing the date… I just hope it will be available soon.

By the way, is the 52246S just as good as the other Lite-on’s? I am thinking about Raw DAO writing, two sheep FES and subchannel reading and writing.

Well, worth waiting then :wink:
Unfortunately I cannot tell you whether the 52x is as good as the previous ones or not ,
I only heard some positive things about it.
And mine is 40125S@48125W.
Just wait a couple of weeks or so and you definitely won’t be disappointed.

:smiley: