48 -> 44

i’m such an idiot!
i have a musical dvd, a recording of a concert, which i wish to put on a standard cd-a.
i ripped the first part (about 25 minz), did a nice wave-editing job and faded/cut no needed parts.
the problem is i am too stupid to remember that cd-a complaint discs are in 44100 Hz and not 48000…
the result plays fine on pc, and plays also on my stereo, the point is that it sounds just like shit.
i’m not willing to convert my edited waves, i would rip everything again no problem, i just wish to get a nice 44.1 kHz wave file!!
thanx everybody!

i used smartripper to rip chapters one by one (i don’t have much room on my HD :stuck_out_tongue: ), leaving DD 5.1 and DTS on the disc, keeping 2.0 audio only (who cares? cd-da have stereo tracks :smiley: );
i fired up dvd2avi to demux the audio track;
then i used px3’s ac3 to wav convert to get a wav file from the ac3 track;
nero wave editor to do the editing needed;
nero to burn (it didn’t work well);
feurio to burn again (at last something that tells me where TF the problem is!!!).
club.cdfreaks.com to solve my problems :bigsmile:

Originally posted by cico85
feurio to burn again (at last something that tells me where TF the problem is!!!).

Well, and what was the problem?
Feurio can convert automatically (while burning) all wave formats to 44100Hz, 16bits, stereo, but I don’t know about the quality of the algorithms used…

Originally posted by minix
Well, and what was the problem?
Feurio can convert automatically (while burning) all wave formats to 44100Hz, 16bits, stereo, but I don’t know about the quality of the algorithms used…

the problem was that my wav were in 48000 Hz :wink:
i didn’t know about automatic conversion because feurio didn’t ask me to use it… :confused:

Originally posted by cico85

the problem was that my wav were in 48000 Hz :wink:
i didn’t know about automatic conversion because feurio didn’t ask me to use it… :confused:

Any intelligent burning program will NOT burn the audio CD unless the files are 44KHz. That means if the files were 48KHz, and it didn’t ask you if you wanted them converted, it did it anyway without you knowing. I generally use Sonic Foundry’s Sound Forge to resample audio. You should be able to find a demo on their site somewhere.

Originally posted by CAVEMAN
Any intelligent burning program will NOT burn the audio CD unless the files are 44KHz. That means if the files were 48KHz, and it didn’t ask you if you wanted them converted, it did it anyway without you knowing. I generally use Sonic Foundry’s Sound Forge to resample audio. You should be able to find a demo on their site somewhere.
then feurio is stupid… but i’ll keep on using it anyway to burn audio discs :stuck_out_tongue:

does sound forge work fine? will the audio track slow down? will you hear anything “un-natural”?
thanx

Feurio will show a field “Format” in the project if one of the WAVs is not in 44100Hz-16bits-stereo format.
The track will also change its colour in the project, at least if it’s selected.

Originally posted by cico85
[B]then feurio is stupid… but i’ll keep on using it anyway to burn audio discs :stuck_out_tongue:

does sound forge work fine? will the audio track slow down? will you hear anything “un-natural”?
thanx [/B]

Sound Forge works great because its a professional tool. I use it with my own music all the time. Resampling isn’t a tough thing to do as long as its done right, and Sound Forge does it perfectly.

SSRC is a free program for sample rate conversion:

“This program achived relatively fast and high quality with two different kinds of filters combined skillfully.
Made by Naoki Shibata, who is one of the big gurus in the LAME MP3 encoder developement team.”

thanx a lot, guys!

GO CONVERT!! :bigsmile: