451s can't burn DVD+R at 4x anymore

vbimport

Hi,

Suddenly my 451s can’t burn DVD+R media at 4x speed anymore. I didn’t apply any firmware that’s not for the 451 (f.e. 451s -> 851). I’m using FW GSB6. I tried different media manufacturers (Fuji, Sky, Intenso, Platinum) but the problem is every time the same:

The burn process ends without problems but when I trie to read the disc afterwards the disc can’t be read towards the end. When it’s a movie, the last 20 min can’t be played. When it’s data, the last few files can’t be read.

When I burn at 2,4x speed, the discs read fine. DVD-R also work fine at all speeds.

What do you think is the problem here?

Perhaps you might want to try a different burning application.

I’m using Nero 5.5 (lastest update).
I also have Nero 6 but I didn’t like it. Maybe I’ll give it another shot.

What software do you recommend?

have you tried dvd decripter this can create and burn a iso file i`ve had very good kprobes and its free but make a donation i did its well worth it :iagree:

your right nero 6 sucks i tried the demo & gone back to 5.5.10.54

acko

I don’t know if one bad experience counts as a product “sucking” all together my friend. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve had a great experience using RecordNow. It probably came bundled on the Sonic CD with your drive (do some digging on the CD and you should find it). You can try that it you would like :iagree:

I don’t know if one bad experience counts as a product “sucking” all together my friend.

Ok i`ll refrase that compared to 5.5.10.54 nero 6.3.1.6 sucks on the exact same setup on my pc with upto 4 buffer underruns per burn resulting in horrible pi/po peaks that i dont get with eather dvd decripter or 5.5.

i wanted to upgrade from the bundled 5 to ver 6 to get the full benefits, and to give somthing back as ive used shrink to backup my dvds.

i e-mailed them over a week ago asking if they had a version 6 that was simular to 5.5.10.54.

i also have used record now dx but stopped using it because no matter what speed i set the burn to it burned dvd`s at max and made a lot of coasters.

acko

ps ssseth just noticed your record now dx guide i`ll give it a read

Originally posted by acko
[B]
i also have used record now dx but stopped using it because no matter what speed i set the burn to it burned dvd`s at max and made a lot of coasters.

acko
[/B]

Try the bundled RecordNow DX once more… When installed, download the pxEngine507 in my signature.
You will be able to chose “any” burnspeed you want.

:smiley:

thanks pinto2 i read ssseth`s guide and noticed the speed selector was different you saved me having to ask :cool:

ill try it again as when i first used it some months ago i was having probs with my setup and no burning software would work. the only reason i didnt start using DX was when i put a 8x discs in i couldn`t select 6x.

manythanks acko

sorry for hijacking your thread gokpog :wink:

installed the engine to dx and now can select any speed :iagree:

thanks again pinto2 and just to go totaly of topic how do you do the screen shots? i makes explaning thing a lot easyer.

acko

Originally posted by acko
sorry for hijacking your thread gokpog :wink:

that’s really ok, after all I got a lot of replies that helped me :slight_smile:

two for the price of one :iagree: