451s Burning issues with DVD's and NER) solved

Guys

Good news … after all my issues with not being able to use nero at all and my system crashing when trying to burn DVD’s … I found the fix last nite

As a last resort in trying to solve my problems I went out and purchased a new HD and did a fresh install of XP with the LITEON 451s burner installed. Did the normal install … service pack etc …
and guess what … the DVD burner and Nero worked 100 % … holy friggen cow …:bigsmile:

Anyway … decided to use that HD as my master and put my main HD as the secondary … I have a VIA chipset on my MB so I installed the latest set of VIA 4in1 drivers … as part of my MB I also had to isntall the drivers for the sound card chip AC97, and the IDE BUS Master drivers … did all of that

Tried the DVD and NERO again and the bloody thing CRASHED AGAIN !!!:confused: :frowning: :a

ok … at this stage I was praying it wasnt the 4in1 drivers … cause I couldnt deinstall them I would have to reformat … I deleted the IDE BUS MASTER drivers … tried it again …:bigsmile: ITS WORKS !!!

Went back to my old HD … once again removed the BUS MASTER drivers … and NERO and DVD burning worked like a dream !!!

So … anyone with the VIA chipset … do not install the BUS MASTER drivers …

Cost a lot of time and a new 80GB HD … but I am happy cause I dont have to reformat my old HD and I can now back everything up on DVD’s

via 4 in 1 drivers have been very buggy as of late. I use the 4.48 drivers on the systems which have via chipsets.

Congratulation :bow: Well done!

I still remember your comments @ the original thread.
But, I think we are all happy on your behalf. :smiley:

Lite-On drives ARE good… :bigsmile:

Nice work Empire - I’ll try that when I get home tonight - I suspect that I’ve been having similar problems to you, especially with Nero.

Congratulation!
By the way, I’m also using VIA chipset MB, how do you delete the drivers?

Originally posted by joj
Congratulation!
By the way, I’m also using VIA chipset MB, how do you delete the drivers?

Hi Guys … you should be able to remove the BUS Drivers using the add/remove function that windows provides …

U will find the entry under VIA BUS MASTER (or something very similar)

Good luck and let us know how u go.

:smiley:

I had a quick fiddle with it last night - I removed the VIA Bus Master from device manager, restarted… and then Windows cheerily announced that it had found new hardware and was installing drivers for it - VIA Bus Master Drivers - bugger!
Is there a dedicated uninstaller for them in the Add/Remove Program App? I couldn’t find one!

Originally posted by tyfach
I had a quick fiddle with it last night - I removed the VIA Bus Master from device manager, restarted… and then Windows cheerily announced that it had found new hardware and was installing drivers for it - VIA Bus Master Drivers - bugger!
Is there a dedicated uninstaller for them in the Add/Remove Program App? I couldn’t find one!

What hardware would need the drivers ??? couldnt you not accept the install of them …

My machine upon booting found new hardware … ie my HD, cd drives etc … but didnt need any drivers installed for them or ask for the BUS Master driver to be installed … this is an extra add on to the windows software … so I am uncertain your system would need it to run … unless you have a some advanced funcky device your running

Same problem here, same solution, but I ended up using 4in1 4.43 drivers. 4.51 drivers just would not work. My chipset is VIA kt133, ie. the ones with the 100 Mhz FSB. And os is win2k sp4. Curious though, in winme 4.51 drivers work…

And yes, hardware DOES need drivers, however some drivers are only used to set various registers on chipsets and such devices. Sometimes it is easy to forget that chipset is just a couple of very special CPU:s doing very special task.

IMHO it is better that hardware suppliers provide such drivers, they are likely to know more of those devices than say big multinational softwareproducers.

Or motherboard manufacturers.

I have a kt133A and had no problems with Via 4in1drivers.