451S and LtnRPC

vbimport

Hi. First of all sorry for my english. I have a 451S and used LtnRPC on it. I made the drive regionfree with the command “Disable”.

Now everything work fine. But I have a question:

If I want update my firmware with future official firmwares from Liteon, will I be able to that without “killing” my 451S? Is there a risk or is it even impossible?

If it is possible, will the burner stay regionfree or will I have to run again LtnRPC?

I am a newbie, unfortunately I didn’t backup my firmware(/eproom?) before having made my drive regionfree.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Originally posted by oddjobb57
[B]Hi. First of all sorry for my english. I have a 451S and used LtnRPC on it. I made the drive regionfree with the command “Disable”.

Now everything work fine. But I have a question:

If I want update my firmware with future official firmwares from Liteon, will I be able to that without “killing” my 451S? Is there a risk or is it even impossible?

If it is possible, will the burner stay regionfree or will I have to run again LtnRPC?

I am a newbie, unfortunately I didn’t backup my firmware(/eproom?) before having made my drive regionfree.

Thanks in advance for your replies. [/B]

Hello,

No there should’nt be any problem when you’ll update your firmware with a new version. If you update it, then you simply run LtnRPC to check the status of the region protection of the drive. I don’t remember if the modification stays after an upgrade, but IMO, it’s not very important. If you drive is not region free anymore, then you simply re-apply the patch. Concerning your EEprom/Firmware question, there is no need to save them.Moreover the soft that allow you to save the EEprom could if not used correctly lead to a dead drive.

Fredsky

I updated my firmware to GSB7. I confirm that after the flash, my liteon was still region free. No need to use LtnRPC after each update. :slight_smile: