451S@851S GS0H can not write -RW DVD's

I can’t write to the Memorex or maxell 1-2X -RW dvd’s. (4X edited to the real values)

It is a 451S@851S GS0H. Don’t have any problems with the DVD+RW’s at all.

Put in the - rewritable, formatted it. Then started to backup my data files to it, When I hit the burn button, the first thing NEro said was that the disk was not empty, and if I wanted to format it. I said, oh well we just spent 30 minutes doing that, but do a quick format anyways.

It did burn the data, and failed at verify, because the drive cloudn’t load the dvd.

I can’t run k-probe, it gets stuck at spin up, or nero dvd speed test.

What am I going to do now ?

Thanks for any help …

P.S. I put the burnt dvd onto my dvd-rom drive to see if it could read it, and it wouldn’t read it either … Is there a utility which might access this dvd and see what went wrong ?

I am starting to believe that it is time to return this burner …

I guess the prudent thing to do is to go back to GSB7 and test it that way right ? …and then GS0F and see if GS0H is the culprit … I recall that I was never able to burn a minus rewritable with this burner …

i upgraded to GS0H 451@851 today and burned Memorex DVD-RW 2x without any problem and fully working…

i am going to try DVD-R which i have problems with using previous firmwares…

I wonder if the problem is related to it being a 4x -RW…

I meant to say 1-2 -RW, it is not 4X certified and I tried to burn them at 2X … Sorry for the misinformation there …

I have so far been unable to get a working 2.4x +RW burn on my 812S@851S. It didn’t work with 812S firmware either.

Here’s the corresponding kprobe result for the above graph.

Burn Speed: 2.4X
Disc Brand: Memorex DVD+RW P/N 3202-5560 with no speed rating

It’s worth noting that kprobe did not finish the scan (disc unreadable.) This is after a full reformat of the disc, which I believe had only been burned once before.