42 USB 3.0 sticks tested – Sharkoon, Sandisk and Patriot top performers

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: 42 USB 3.0 sticks tested – Sharkoon, Sandisk and Patriot top performers[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/05/chart-95x75.png[/newsimage]

The Dutch website Hardware.info has tested 42 USB3.0 sticks with capacities of 32GB, 64GB and 128GB.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/42-usb-3-0-sticks-tested-sharkoon-sandisk-and-patriot-top-performers-76082/](http://www.myce.com/news/42-usb-3-0-sticks-tested-sharkoon-sandisk-and-patriot-top-performers-76082/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

That part this leaves out is that for everyday users they most likely won’t see the difference since they won’t be transferring gigs on the sticks…

also I don’t do this on a everyday as well…

read and write 1000 files of 5MB and how long it takes to read and write a 10GB file.

If I am going to transfer 10GB of data - I use direct Ethernet connection or wifi through router that is more efficient to send data. For me to send that much data you should use a more reliable way to transmit that much data.

People don’t buy 32-128 GB USB sticks in order to transfer only kilobyte-size files. You can still buy USB drives today with a writing speed of 5 MB/s. The fastest of the tested drives is 36 times faster than that. You are going to notice if something is 36 times slower or faster. :wink:

and they just left Lexar out  completely, you can only achieve those speeds with USAP motherboard capability, but the Lexar doesnt need USAP capability.Â

Alan it’s UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) - no relations to USA p :wink:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2754112]People don’t buy 32-128 GB USB sticks in order to transfer only kilobyte-size files. You can still buy USB drives today with a writing speed of 5 MB/s. The fastest of the tested drives is 36 times faster than that. You are going to notice if something is 36 times slower or faster. ;)[/QUOTE]

When I buy a 32gb USB stick it is usually to carry several full length feature films or an entire season of a TV show to my television.

Or to put it another way either a hand full of 4gb files or a dozen or more 2-2.5GB files

And generally waiting for a long write operation doesn’t improve my “calm”

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2754112]People don’t buy 32-128 GB USB sticks in order to transfer only kilobyte-size files. You can still buy USB drives today with a writing speed of 5 MB/s. The fastest of the tested drives is 36 times faster than that. You are going to notice if something is 36 times slower or faster. ;)[/QUOTE]

Most 64GB sticks i’ve seen are pre-formatted at FAT32… :a

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2754246]When I buy a 32gb USB stick it is usually to carry several full length feature films or an entire season of a TV show to my television.

Or to put it another way either a hand full of 4gb files or a dozen or more 2-2.5GB files

And generally waiting for a long write operation doesn’t improve my “calm”[/QUOTE]

Thats what most people that I know use their flash drives, anything above 25MB/Sec is more than welcomed.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2754264]Most 64GB sticks i’ve seen are pre-formatted at FAT32… :a[/QUOTE]

Changing FAT32 to NTFS is a few seconds fix, and also FAT32 is compatible with almost everything.
An example is my Sony Micro System, it only likes FAT32 so having a 4GB flash drive to FAT32 can make life much easier, plus you cant fit an HD movie in that :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=vroom;2754266]Changing FAT32 to NTFS is a few seconds fix, and also FAT32 is compatible with almost everything.
An example is my Sony Micro System, it only likes FAT32 so having a 4GB flash drive to FAT32 can make life much easier, plus you cant fit an HD movie in that :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
I usually format them using rufus. Does also work wonders on sticks with read errors.

Rufus is a nice tool.