41Khz to 48Khz sound conversion (.mpa)

vbimport

Hi!

Here’s my question: how can i convert a sound file with the .mpa extension (demuxed a SVCD with DVD-Lab) from 41Khz to 48Khz? I have tried goldwave, but it could only write the result in .wav format, and i want it in .mpa format.

I know that DVD-Lab as an internal sound transcoder, but it crashes with this file i’m triyng to convert, so i want o try another program.

Thanks!

Goldwave will give you a very good 44.1 to 48 conversion, and yes to WAV only. But then use BeSweet GUI/BeSweet combo to convert the WAV to MP2.

I haven’t exaimed it myself but one of the best resamplers out there is without doubt ssrc, it may even surpass Goldwave which really is a really good sound editor otherwise.
You can find a copy of ssrc (Shibatch Sampling Rate Converter) over at Rarewares.
You still need to convert your MPA file to PCM (16-bit, Stereo, 44100Hz) before using ssrc (you can probably open it using Goldwave).
The syntax to use for ssrc is (without quotes):
“ssrc --rate 48000 unresampledfile.wav resampledfile.wav”
To convert you can use toolame (cutting 'n pasting from another thread).
http://www.doom9.org/ --> Download --> Audio Tools --> show all audio tools --> Toolame 0.2k
“toolame -s 48 resampledfile.wav resampledfile.mp2”
Toolame creates a 192kbps stream by default, type toolame -h to find out how to set bitrate.
//Danne

Originally posted by ChickenMan
Goldwave will give you a very good 44.1 to 48 conversion, and yes to WAV only. But then use BeSweet GUI/BeSweet combo to convert the WAV to MP2.

Thks chikenman, i solved the problem, but without the use of goldwave, i used besweet to convert the .mpa to mp2, no need for goldwave, and the sound is good. Thks:)

@Diizzy

Gonna try ssrc when i need, thks.