4167b burst rate to low

i have a new 4167b dvd-writer, an my problem is that, when i write at 16x,it takes 8 minutes,at 12x, 8 minutes and at 8x, 9 minutes.nero cd-dvd speed tells me that burst rate is only 10m/s.not 24 as it should be?i tried to change the ide cables,i changed firmware.but nothing.should dl13 solve the problem?the drive came with dl12.
thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Check if DMA is enabled.

Moreover, it was published a couple of minutes ago a very good thread with LG FAQ
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=168082

yes,it is enabled.dma mode 2

Check the FAQ thread: probably the answer is here

Actually, it isn’t there :wink:

tibosee : how is your 4167b connected to your system? Is it sharing an IDE cable with a hard drive?

it’s on secondary chanel as master.whith a 80 pin cable.i also have an asus cd-rw on the cable on slave.

What IDE drivers do you have?
Do you have some intel or nvidia IDE drivers?

i’ll uninstall sp2,maybe that’s the problem.i don’t know.i’ll flash it at dl13.but i had another 4167b that worked fine.this one is new,and i don’t know why this inconvenient…

For what I know SP2 is not related to these problems.

Before try to uninstall IDE drivers; it’s faster than uninstall SP2

I dont recommend uninstalling SP2. I’m pretty sure its not going to be the problem.

ok.i unisnstalled the drivers,and sp2.i will restart and see what happen.thanks

deleted - Wrong post

I think it would have been easier to just uninstall the drivers and check them. This way you would know if they were the problem without having to get rid of sp2. But becuase you uninstalled both and the problem is fixed then you wont know which one was to blame.

it’s not working. i tried everything!i reinstalled windows and still the same problem.i have via 4 in 1 1455 installed,and sp2 also. it’s nothing to do

Try to uninstall via IDE drivers and let windows to install microsoft ones.

Both drives on the cable are limited to the data rate of the slowest one. Your 4167b can transfer data no faster than the Asus CDRW, regardless of whether you are using an 80 pin cable. So the question is, what mode is your CDRW running in?

I have an 5232AS Quietrack From ASUS on slave and it’s also with DMA multi world 2, like LG. i tried to let dvd-rw alone on the cable but nothing change…
i tried to uninstall via drivers,but still no result. i don’t know what to do.
i think i’ll never buy something from LG for the rest of my life. Everyting i bought from them was not functioning as i espected. LG sucks!

I have an 5232AS Quietrack From ASUS on slave and it’s also with DMA multi world 2, like LG.

No you don’t want “DMA multi world 2”, you want UDMA mode 2. These are two different things you know, UDMA is faster and more efficient. The fastest transfer rate for the LG drive is UDMA mode 2 and you’ll require this to get 16x burns.

BTW, what is the source for the burn. I’m assuming that it’s the hard-drive on the another IDE (or SATA) channel, is that right.

Just to backup what uart says, UDMA2 and “DMA multi word 2” are not the same thing :

DMA multi word 2 - 16.7MB/s
UDMA2 (Ultra DMA 2) - 33MB/s

This is why your burst rate is only 10MB/s!

i think i’ll never buy something from LG for the rest of my life. Everyting i bought from them was not functioning as i espected. LG sucks!
Hmmm, it seems to me that user error might be more to the point, based on this thread anyway… :stuck_out_tongue: