4163B... No C2 error support? Ultra DMA 2 revisited?!

vbimport

According to a Nero InfoTool screen shot I looked at, the 4163B didn’t have a check in the C2 Errors box?!

Also, many members have reported the 4163B as Ultra DMA 2, while a couple have said it has Ultra DMA 4?! Has this issue been resolved? Has anyone with “Ultra DMA 2” experienced any problems at 16X?

-Thanks

It doesn’t do quality scan.

Using UDMA mode 2, no issue at 16x.

even using UDMA-2 33mb there is no major issue in burning at 16x which are only 22Mb!!

UDMA-2 is more than enough for 16x burn lol…

but i think we need faster than UDMA-2 for HD-DVD or bluray disc lol…may be a UDMA-6 or S-ATA 150/300!!

1x Blu-ray is just 4.5MB/s so initially most manufacturers will just assume UDMA 2 (33MB/s) is still fast and broad enough. 8x Blu-ray by comparison reaches 36MB/s which does require something faster than 33MB/s UDMA 2.

I am confused… the box that says “C2 Errors” in Nero InfoTool, is that ONLY refering to the ability to do quality scans like C1/C2/PI/PIF/JITTER?!

-Thanks

no.
C2 error reporting is not the same as the ability to do C1/C2/PI/PIF/JITTER quality scans.

but using 1x or 2x or 4.5mb/9mb to writen to something like 20GB above is very long time so i think the first generation of HD-DVD/Bluray have to be faster than that otherwise its going to be “back to good old day of 2x DVD buner” :Z

why don’t they puting something faster in first place?? save cost?? :confused:

The first DVD burners were a lot slower. They were 1x DVD-RAM writers that actually were just as fast as 4x CD-RW. :slight_smile:

Blu-ray is rewritable just like DVD-RAM and CD-RW. Blu-ray rewritable writing at 36MB/s would be actually faster than most HDDs.

mm its the time for Hard drive Upgrade lol :smiley:

CHayenes112,

You should have a check for “C2 Errors” in InfoTool. Something is wrong with your setup.
My old GSA-4120 has that checkmark, so you should too with a newer drive.
I think it means the ABILITY to report C2 rather than do a scan for C2.