4163b FW A105 & verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x

Tried using the search but it doesn’t seem to work well these days, so please forgive if this has already been asked a dozens times before.

I have the subject DVD burner with FW A105. Am using Verbatim +R DL discs (MID MKM-001) that are suppose to be good at 2.4X

I’ve never had any problems with Verbatin DVD-R 8X. I love them. But I have a TV series that I received for Father’s day that I’d like to backup to DL rather than splitting over 2 -r discs.

Are there any known problems with either the 4163B , the firmware A015 or the Verbatim MKM-001 that I need to address?

I’ve produced to-date two coasters. (my first ever! :confused: ) At the price I have to pay for these, I really don’t want to waste too many more.

FWIW, I used AnyDVD v6.0.1.0 & CloneCD v5.2.9.1

Any comments, heads-up, or suggestions are all welcomed and appreciated. :bow: :bow: :bow:

I’ve only done a couple of DL burns with my 4163B & A105 and they were great.

The way I do it is to use DVD Decrypter to rip the movie to an ISO image file (Mode - ISO - Read), with AnyDVD running if necessary. And then burn that image with that or ImgBurn.

In what way were the disk coasters?

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Appreciate the feedback, TimC,

The burns failed at about 35-50% of the way.

Will continue to investigate. Thanks.

Hi,

maybe you should give firmware A106 a try. It should be available at LG’s canadian website.

Michael

You should not use CloneCD then.