4163B Burning VERY slow

vbimport

picked up a 4163B a few days ago. up until yesterday i had been burning Ritek 4X (took me about 15 minutes per disk which I assume is normal). yesterday i bought a spindle of FujiFilm 8X DVD+R (T02-YUDEN000). Nero tells me that they are burning at 12X yet it is taking me… 22 minutes to burn the disk!!! (despite nero saying it should take 8 minutes). I’ve tried shutting down all my background programs but it makes no difference. Any clues on what, if anything, I am doing wrong causing my 8X to take so much longer than my 4X?

Use Nero CD speed to do a transfer test on the a blank disc then save the screenshot.

Is your firmware at A104? It is possible your firmware doesn’t recognize the media. Also have you checked the DMA settings?

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=101616

Check that the drive is not in PIO Mode, mine did that to me a few days ago.

It is doubtful that it is a firmware issue. YUDEN000-T02-00 media was one of the reference media types the 4163B was tested with by the factory. I remember burning those exact discs (Fujifilm DVD+R 8X) with my 4163B using A100 firmware when I first bought my drive. Had no problems at all.