411s sucks

i bought my 411s before two weeks and i didn’t manage to write a perfect Dvd.I tried to burn the DVD+r that was included in the box but even though it burned it succesfully i cant copy the data i wrote!

I also tried to burn Primax 4x and it was almost bad and my 411s really failed to burn Nexus General -R 4x and some more.i am not willing in paying more money!

Just tried my first disc. Burned perfectly. Backed up a DVD with DVD X Copy Platinum. :slight_smile:

i think you are lucky.the only disc i wrote perfectly was the dvd+rw that was included in the box :a

and the CDfreaks review said it was good

I had big problems when I first got my 411s. I had it set to master, had dma enabled, latest firmware. Still had problems burning. I previously had a Pioneer A04 drive on the pc with no issues. I finally swithed out hte older IDE cable for ultra DMA cable (80 wire) and drive has worked flawless since then.

Originally posted by Sethzone
411s sucks

Not here… “sweet Alabama”.

My LDW-411S is working fine. Burned 2-3 coasters out of 30 Written discs. But that is all because of cheap low quality media.

With good media like TY, mitsubishi or ritek it’s one of the best.

OCFreak: TY although is not widely spread through Europe. In my country I haven’t seen this kind of media at all.

Originally posted by dwrbudr
OCFreak: TY although is not widely spread through Europe. In my country I haven’t seen this kind of media at all.

Verbatim DLP 4X DVD-R is TY (MID=TYG01). However the printable version of this media is NOT TYG01!

have only1 coaster from about 15 so far and th was using udf/iso because the file was 2.2gig and said wouldnt do it in normal iso mode

have used ritek g04 and also cheaper princo (bulkpaq orange) and with the latest firmware i havent had any problems and both media player in my standalone vcr/dvd combo