411s, K-Probe, and C2 Errors

411S, Oct. 03, FS0F
K-Probe 1.1.26

On ever CD-R I burn with the 411s, there is always a point halfway through the C1/C2 scan in which the C2 error spikes to an absurdly high number. Other than that, the scan is very good, with a C1 average in the 0.0xx range. This happens whether using TY, RiTEK, or CMC. Unfortunately, I dont have another LiteON drive to test these discs using K-Probe.

Is there something wrong with my 411s, or is K-Probe known to report incorrectly for this particular drive?

Relax, it’s just a reading glitch that’s peculiar to the DVD burners. It occurs in the middle on CDR’s and randomly on CDRW’s. Just ignore it.

Glad to hear that. I’m getting a C1 avg. of 0.0xx even with CMC CD-Rs. I’m used to higher C1 error rates. Are the C1 numbers for real, or are they also skewed on DVD burners?

Originally posted by davidh44
Glad to hear that. I’m getting a C1 avg. of 0.0xx even with CMC CD-Rs. I’m used to higher C1 error rates. Are the C1 numbers for real, or are they also skewed on DVD burners?

All DVD-Burners, combo drives and DVD-ROM’s reports unrealistic low amount of C1/C2 errors.

That is why I use a LTR-52246S to scan the discs while reviewing.

in other words:
C1/C2: Use a Lite-On CD-Writer. (don’t use devices with any DVD-read/write capabilities).
PI/PO: Use a Lite-On DVD-Writer. (don’t use combo drives or DVD-ROM’s).

Sounds like I should’ve kept my LiteON CD-RW! Thanks for the information.