Yes, another one. I will give all the details up front in order to help make the time given to me as useful as possible.
Problem: I get the Error window that says “No drivers detected” message. As soon as you click OK, the entire flash program closes. The underlaying utility “found drivers” window is empty. the 411s shows up in both the boot up and in Device Manager. I have not burned anything yet but it does play a CD.
I have a stand alone Win98Se, 1GHz P-3, 512ram, ASus Mobo ATA 133. My current IDE config is:
Primary (80 pin) Master, 80Gb HDD
Primary Slave, Zip 100
Secondary Master (40 pin), 411s
Secondary Slave, LiteOn CDrw
Note on mobo: I think that just the Primary IDE can do the 80 pin thing (blue connector).
Additional PCI IDE controller card/ATA 133- Second HDD- 40Gb for video use (will soon be changed to 120Gb)
I have tried to:
- uncheck DMA on both LiteOns
- disconnect the ribbon connector from LiteOn CDrw, 40GB HDD.
note: tried to disconnect Zip but computer would not boot up!!
- run in Dos mode (said that it was a bad command and file could not be found- even though it was there).
- redownloaded 3x to be sure that the file was OK.
- ran exe file from different partitions and folders including c root and desktop.
What should I do now?? Thanks,