411s Firmare Problems

Hi

I’m quite new to DVD writers and have just purchased the Lite-On LDW-411S combo burner. I took the time to read through various forums before deciding to purchase this drive and am now trying to update the firmware to FS0F. When I run the Flash program I get an error message “No matched drive detected”. I have installed the drive as the secondry master and have a Lite-On LTD-165H DVD-R as the secondry slave. My system is -
XP1800+
GA7VRXP
Maxtor 80Gig 7200rpm
1gig PC2700 DDR RAM
Herc 3D Prophet 8500
WinXp Pro SP1

Ran Disc Info 1.5.5 and it detects disk ok and shows f/ware version FS05. Also tried 411s as slave and 411s as master without the 165h. Still same. Please Help.

Thanks
Dave M

Originally posted by dmarkey
Ran Disc Info 1.5.5 and it detects disk ok and shows f/ware version FS05. Also tried 411s as slave and 411s as master without the 165h. Still same. Please Help.
Thanks
Dave M

Sounds strange…
There is no such firmware (FS05) for 411S
Maybe a OEM drive…

Check here:
http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=169

Thanks Pinto2

I’m pretty sure this is the real thing, purchased from EYO Technologies and everything I’ve had from them before has been Fine. This drive came in the Lite-On box with their (limited) installation instructions and the Power DVD and Sonic MyDVD discs. Also attached screen shot of DISC Info and the error message from the FSOF firmware.

Regards
Dave M

i had this problem also try to install kprobe i think this program installs some new aspi drivers

when i installed it the flashing works

kire

Originally posted by pinto2
Sounds strange…
There is no such firmware (FS05) for 411S
Maybe a OEM drive…

My retail-boxed LiteON 411S came with firmware FS06. So although the firmware page only shows FS02 and FS07, I’m guessing there was also FS03-FS06. Was able to flash to FS0F without issue.

I tried installing Kprobe, still unable to flash the drive. Drive seems to work ok, I have burnt 1 DVD so far (from digital camcorder) it plays ok for about 13 minutes then stops - in both my pioneer DVD player and in the 411s. Media is UL-Tran - not sure of it’s quality. Have burnt CD’s no problems with this drive.

Regards
Dave M

It looks like the program is having problems detecting your hardware. You could try flashing in another system, or maybe log off and log back in as the administrator account…

Originally posted by kire
i had this problem also try to install kprobe i think this program installs some new aspi drivers when i installed it the flashing works
kire

What…?
I have been running K-Probe on clean install for weeks, without any trace of aspi!

If you run XP look for this files:

windows\system32\drivers\aspi32.sys
windows\system\wowpost.exe
windows\system\winaspi.dll
windows\system32\wnaspi32.dll

ASPI check and ASPI files can be dl:

http://aspi.radified.com/

Well, very pleased to report that all is ok now. Upgraded mobo bios to latest version (which killed onboard network port and corrupted video driver). Anyway, after all problems fixed and mobo bios reloaded succesfully, flashed 411s to FS0F no problem. Burnt same video from camcorder to DVD no problem.

Thanks to all that replied.

Dave M